Wonoksh Qyâsik nun

It did not escape Obi-Wan's notice that the small elderly Jeotian ambassador sitting across from him in the conference hub wasn't the real Jeotian ambassador. 

"Welcome, ambassador," he greeted the Jeotian with a warmly official nod. "I am Obi-Wan Kenobi." 

"Good evening, Jedi. I am Senator Kahn of Jeotis. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding this minor mix-up," Kahn sounded as mechanical as he looked. His zombified unblinking eyes trained unnaturally on the Jedi, as protocol droids do, when they learn that eye contact is essential to establishing organic trust, but have no intuition to judge just how much. "Our planetary politics are hardly this dramatic, but I assure you it will be resolved quickly, once the princess is returned to Jeotis. We do not need a Jedi to mediate for us."

Obi-Wan studied his strikingly stoic guest, with a stoicism so committed, that the senator hardly even appeared to be breathing. 

Kahn may have looked like any ordinary man, but Obi-Wan only sensed emptiness within him. As if his every word and movement were "puppeteered" by another. 

And this oddly familiar puppet behavior was rather nostalgic, if Obi-Wan should say so himself. Taking him back to the Clone Wars, when an infection of mind-controlling Geonosian worms attacked Anakin's padawan, Ahsoka Tano, and a crew of clone soldiers on a medical supply ship.

Indeed...the ambassador's demeanor appeared as a carbon copy for the infected cases Obi-Wan investigated years earlier. But without proper examination, or any means to blow the cooling reactor in the room there was no set of decorum for asking one's guest if they were being controlled by a mind-altering brain worm.

"Pardon me, ambassador," Obi-Wan excused himself. "I don't mean to get off point, but I couldn't help but notice that you don't seem like yourself today. If you'll forgive the figure of speech, it seems as if you're...dead on your feet.

"Not all wars are won by rest and meditation, Jedi," Kahn stated. "If Jeotis does not sleep, neither shall its leaders. This is an interplanetary matter which concerns only Zekus and her moon. We appreciate your diplomatic expertise, but we no longer require a third party to mediate our politics. I ask that you release Eris Constellan to her subjects immediately."

"If her subjects are so happy to see their princess, why did they send their warships to greet her?" 

"A mere...precaution, you might say. To some Jeotians, the princess is--well-- limited in her power to reign a moon, and therefore, not currently popular as a viable political candidate. Thus, our war-time treaty with the Zekans. Our forces are currently demilitarized, so that the Zekans may better assist in controlling the uprisings on our moon," Kahn answered him. "Call us overprotective, Jedi Kenobi, but considering the circumstances, it was agreed that Princess Eris should be taken home by an armed fleet rather than her highness's royal cruiser."

"No doubt an agreement heavily voted on by the Zekan side of the council, I imagine?" Obi-Wan remarked. 

"Quite on the contrary. It was an unanimous decision."

"Unanimous, you say?" Obi-Wan replied doubtfully. "And now that the Zekans have so generously 'lended' you their forces, how close is your planet to achieving peace?"

"Why, I am appalled that you should think her royal highness won't be safe in the hands of her own people," Kahn stated, dodging Kenobi's question. "If there have been any obstacles to peace, it is because we have had no ruler for 3 long years. Without Princess Eris, our peace talks remain stalemated. After all, it makes no difference now whether we are Zekan or Jeotian. We all want the same thing. Unity in our star system. The galaxy may be at war, but we are an oasis in the outer rim devoid of political exploitation and corruption. It is a grave mistake for one to believe the princess regrets returning to Jeotis. In fact, her highness should be honored to be leader of this new era restoring peace between our worlds."