The Meeting

Saya woke up due to cold water splashing her face. She has somehow managed to climb on a floating logg of wood. She looked around. The river current was much less here. She could easily swim towards dry land.
So she jumped on the river and swam towards land. Once she reached dry land, she realized Cleo and Scarface had also followed her.

She groaned internally. Why must they follow her everywhere? But she stopped herself from saying anything. She didn't have that energy to ddo so either. She walked a little further from them and let her body fall on the soft grass.
All she had understood until now that she was most probably in a jungle. Her head felt so dizzy that she could not think straight , so she just closed her eyes, too tired to think what fate awaits for her...

While in the Peace Rock, Bagheera was resting on a tree branch near with Baloo. Both were watching Mowglie playing with his wolf siblings. It has been two moons since Sher khan died. The jungle had been in peace ever since without anything out of place, which was somewhat boring to the black feline.
He was surely happy and relieved after Sher Khan's death, but the regular ordinary life proved tiring to him. There was nothing to do rather than hunting and resting, while being called fierce by other animals, so perhaps he wanted something exceptional to happen.
He is an adult and mature, but unlike the prophcy of big cats, he was unable to breed, due to being the only panther around and Mowglie's presence, not that he put much thought to it. But as mentioned before, he was bored of his life.
While he was trying to think of a way out of the boredom, his thoughts were continuously diturbed by his companion. Baloo was blabbering about random stuffs, in an aim to annoy Bagheera,in which he was pretty much succeeding. As usual Bagheera didn't say anything knowing he was hopeless.
"And you know honey doesn't rot easily, that's why I like-"
He was cut short by Bagheera suddenly sitting up straight. He sniffed the air.
"Smell that?"he asked.
"Smell what?" Baloo asked back.
"Unusual scents... but somehow familiar" he said.
"Now that you said it, there was something unusual in the air." Baloo sniffed a little," from the river I beleive."
"Yeah, I'll check it out."
"Go ahead, if you need help just call out to me." Baloo sat a little comfortably on the branch.
"I'd rather call out to the wolves."
"Oh yes, that's a good idea as well." Baloo smiled satisfactorily.

Bagheera stretched his body and jumped down the tree, shaking it violently in the prcess, pretty much in a way of revenge to Baloo for annoying him.
"Hey! I know you did that on purpose!" Baloo shouted at him.
He simply chuckled, but then turned serious while walking towards the river, slightly worried on what awaits at the river bank.

Saya had almost fell asleep, until she felt someone's presence before her. She opened her eyes. All she could she was something black standing before her at first. She blinked a few times, when her eyes settled, she saw a black panther standing before her. His green eyes stared at her calmly, but somewhat warily as well. Well, he was a good-looking panther, Saya admitted to herself.

"May I know your name?" He asked in a natural husky voice, making Saya startle a little, since her head still felt dizzy.
"Oh... of course. I'm Saya..." She said.
"I see... well, I'm hoping you don't mean any harm to this jungle." He said looking straight at her eyes.
"Of couse not! Our forest caught red flower, so we jad to run away..." She said, missing her homeland.
"Oh, I'm extremely sorry for that."He said.
The awkwardness between them rose quickly, neither of them knowing what to say next.
Then Bagheera's gaze went behind her. She followed his gaze, only to find Cleo and Scarface coming to their senses.
She groaned in frustration in her mind.
"Who are they? Do you knkw them?" He asked.
"Oh yeah... the female one is Cleo and the male one is Scarface, I don't think they mean any harm." She said sighing to herself.
"Well.... of course, but what I meant was what kind of animals are they?" He corrected himself.
"Oh..um..you know, they are called leopards." She replied, realizing that there might be no leopards in this jungle.

While they were talking, Cleo has already opened her eyes and looked at the stranger. She was amazed by Bagheera's appearance. His perfect body lines shone so brightly in his jet black coat under the sun. She knew she was falling for him. And her mind said that no way that two-faced Saya deserves him.

Bagheera went a few steps towards them and said," Nice to meet you. I hope you don't mean any harm to this jungle ?"
Cleo quickly stood up and tried to make a cute smile, which turned more scary due to her canines,even making Bagheera stop for a moment.
Scarface stood up and said" Hi nice to meet ya. I'm Scarface."
"Yeah, Saya told me." He said pretty bluntly.
"Oh" Scarface replied feeling a bit awkward.
"So, do you thres have a place to go back... or did the red flower burnt your homeland completely?" He asked Saya, because for some reason he wished to avoid Cleo and Scarface felt like full of himself.
"I don't think so... judging by how it rained after the red flower, only a portion of the forest must have gotten burnt...I suppose." She told him.

"What?!" Cleo looked at her annoyingly, since she wanted to stay here with the stranger and saw Saya as a wall between them.
Scarface seemed pretty confused to Cleo's reaction considering that he was relieved to know that their homeland was not completely destroyed.
"So I'll take it that you can return back?" Bagheera asked, completely ignoring Cleo.
"Yeah... we could... but I'm not sure which way our home is..." Saya said, trying to think hard.
"I see. I think ee can arrange something about that. But for that we'll need the consent of the wolves."
"The wolves?" Saya asked.
"Yes? Is something a matter?"
"Oh... well... I've heard they are very hard to convince..." Saya wondered.
"They are... but if you have set your paw here, you will require their consent, even if you only pass by." Bagheera nodded," They are, after all, the faithful rulers of the jungle."
"Well, if that's the case, I suppose there's no turning back. Would show us the way, um..." Saya looked at him.
"Pardon my rudeness, I am Bagheera." He bowed slightly, making Cleo gush a little for finally knowing his name.
"Well then, allow me to take you to the Peace Rock, where the wolves reside." He said," But let me warn you, don't do anything silly becore them, especially Raksha."
"Who's Raksha?" Scarface asked.
Bagheera looked at him," She is the alpha of her pack."
"Oh..." Was Scarface's short reply. "But before we head to them, let me tell you a few things. Remember, there are about 40-50 adult wolves in the pack, all fierce and judgmental." He paused for a second," And most importantly, there is also someone who is not a wolf and not really the one you would expect. But he is loved by everyone,including me. And Raksha sees him as her son. So don't try to hurt him. And the last but the most important thing," Bagheera stopped to take some air after talking so long," You should know better than going against a wolf pack. Is that clear?" He asked.
As all of them nodded, he sighed, not sure whether his decision was correct, but started leading them to the Peace Rock anyway.

Saya and the others followed. Saya was feeling a strange feeling towards Bagheera, which she was not able to clear out because she was feeling pretty nervous talking to someone nicely after a lomg while, and somehow concluded that this feeling was nothing but sheer nervousness.
Besides there was also something else which made her worried. Growing up, she had known that wolves are ruthless and unforgiving, making a slightest mistake can result into them beimg shred into pieces, thus being accepted by them felt impossible to her, and she had no intention to die right now. Anyhow, knowing that there is no escape, she just continued to follow Bagheera, clearly leaving everything on her luck and fate.

   -▪¤☆♡☆¤▪-