Friends Part II

Quick announcement: Sorry for updating shamelessly after 1 and almost a half month, but yk my exams were there and I certainly do have a life to live T^T >_<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a big day, the sun was setting slowly, looking at the new little plants which had came out in his light for the last time for the day.
And you can see three figures laying down lazily under a huge banyan tree, probably the oldest tree in the jungle, you can clearly notice the smallest figure as a human child, due to the lack of fur on his body. The one beside him had brown fur. And on the other side of the man child, there is a feline, almost mixed with the darkness due to her black fur.
"Damn, this tree's huge." Saya looked over her.
"I know right? It's one of the oldest trees here." Baloo replied.
"Sure thing."

Mowglie yawned all of a sudden.
"Someone's sleepy." Saya chuckled.
"No I'm not!" Mowglie protested.
"Anyways, Mowglie, who's the new friend you were talking about?"
Mowglie stiffened a little," Uuh... you already know her, I told you!"
"Come on Mowglie, that's not the answer."
"Actually... you know what? I'm gonna tell you guys later."
"But you said I know her..." Saya tried again.
"I'll tell you later, I promise!" Mowglie said as he jumped on a tree branch," but I'm tired right now. Can you give me a break? "
Saya sighed," fine, but you're gonna tell me."
"I will." He said, shifting himself comfortably on the branch.
Saya decided to stay on the ground while giving herself a little rest, while Baloo was fast asleep.
Saya chuckled. It was a long day for sure.
First they went to Baloo's den to collect some honey, which she passed. Then they went to a river, much smaller and gentler compared to the river Saya had floated through. There, the pair sang while Saya hummed with them from the land, because she isn't very comfortable with water. And then they talked for hours while walking through the jungle.
It was a fine day for Saya. She never had this feeling before. A feeling of warmth and not being left behind. She smiled.

Once it was completely silence, Mowglie sighed in relief," That was a close one."
He said to himself. He thought about last day.

Mowglie was playing with his brothers, when he heard a rustling sound of dry leaves. He looked over his shoulder and saw a leopard coming towards him, her eyes on the ground, she seemed to be thinking about something.
Then it hit him, isn't that the one of the two leopards who came with Saya? What was her name again? Cleo... as far as he remembered. She didn't gave any friendly vibes, so he never got a chance to talk to her. So he decided to give it a try right then.
He sent his brothers to the pack and went towards Cleo, who for some reason, had stopped in her track.
"Um... hey!"
Cleo jumped.
"Wh-What? Who?!" She looked up, to find a man cub standing before her. Her eyes widened, and she quickly averted his gaze, bringing her attitude back.
"What do you want?" She said sharply.
Mowglie flinched," Nothing... j-just wanted to be...um... you know...?" He looked at her, giving her puppy eyes.
Honestly, Cleo's heart melted. Why's he being so adorable. Now that she think about it, she never really looked at Mowglie's face clearly. Now, looking at him, he looked nothing more than a little kitten.
Cleo shook her head. What is she thinking? She though of Orat's plan. Come on! That man cub is her enemy!
. . .
Or is he? Come to think of it, Mowglie has done nothing to her to make him feel like an enemy...
Did Saya do anything to make her feel like an enemy to Cleo from the very start? Then why did Cleo hate her before Bagheera even came to their lives?
UGh! Stop thinking sh*ts!

"Um... is everything alright?"
She looked towards Mowglie. Damn, she must must have dozed off.
"What do you want ?" She looked at him, irritated.
"I j-just wanted to say 'hi'...."
"Anything else?" She deadpanned.
"You're Cleo, right?" Mowglie tried to start a conversation.
"Yeah I am."
"I'm Mowglie!" He said excitedly.
"I already know that."
"Oh! Well, nice to meet you!"
"Whatever, cub."
"Hey, that's not very nice." Mowglie frowned.
"Well, do I care?" She rolled her eyes.
"I'm gonna complain about you to Bagheera." He pouted.
"Huh, nice try." She smirked.
"Come onnnnn," Mowglie whined," I just wanted to be friends with you!"
Cleo looked at Mowglie.
'I just wanted to be friends with you!' It rang in her ears. The scenario changed before her eyes. She saw those two faces, those two faces she wanted to forget for an eternity.
"Friends with you?! The one whose mother literally looks like a burned, walking corpse?"
"Stop saying things about my mom!" Cleo shouted, but they wouldn't stop.
"I heard her father's a black panther. She's a total freak, isn't she?" They laughed.
"No I'm NOT!"
Again the scenario changed.
Cleo was standing, in a pool of blood. She was breathing heavily.
"CLEO! What have you done!?" She looked behind her to see her burnt mother.
In front of Cleo, lied two bloody bodies,young but lifeless.
Tears rolled down her eyes as she looked at her mother.
"It was their fault to call you ugly, to call us freak-" she stopped. No, it was not their fault from the very beginning. It was HIS fault! It was for her father! That stupid black panther who had left them in front of literal death. If he was there for them, maybe mother could have been as pretty as she was, maybe sister could have been alive!
"Mother, please! They deserve this!" She cried.
"No they don't! What's wrong with you?!"
And again, the scenario changed. She saw her mother, her body full of scars, blood dripping from them. And animals surrounding her.
"What had you taught your daughter, you monster?!" One of them shouted.
"Please, give her one more chance, let her-" her mother tried.
"Chance?" The mother of those bullies shouted," that freak killed my...my son." Her voice broke down.
"What can we expect from a burnt cat?"
"She doesn't deserves to live."
"Give her one more chance! Please, she is still so young!" Her mother tried again.
Suddenly, a huge paw landed on her mother's face. It was another leopard.
"MOTHER!" Cleo shouted.
Her mother coughed up some blood. She looked at the crowd. And then towards her daughter. She tried to walk towards her, but sharp nails and teeth dug through her skin. She knew, she wouldn't be able to survive.
"Cleo! Run! Don't look back, just ru-" and the crowd jumped upon her.
Cleo didn't wanted to run, but her instincts kicked in. Her paws started to move. She was running. And no matter how much she tried she couldn't stop herself. All she knew was that her mother was dead. Her sister? Lost... and perhaps dead.
The only one left was.... her father. She gasped for breather. That's right! It was that stupid, stupid black panther! Who left them just at the time they needed him the most.
That was the only time Cleo didn't know what to do. Tears swelled up her eyes as she sobbed like anything. As much as she hated to cry, she could not stop herself...