𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. spot the death eater

( 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 ) — spot the death eater

''Stupefy!''

There was a blinding flash of red light, and with a great splintering and crashing, the door to Moody's office was blasted apart.

Moody was thrown backwards onto the wooden floor. Harry, still staring at the place where Moody's face had been, saw Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, and Evangeline looking back at him out of the Foe-Glass. He looked around and saw the four of them standing in the doorway, the Rosier girl in front, with her hand outstretched.

The look upon the teacher's faces as they stared down at the unconscious form of Mad-Eye Moody was more terrible than Harry could have ever imagined. There was no radiant smile upon the brunette's face, and no glint in her coffee-coloured eyes.

Dumbledore stepped into the office, placed a foot underneath Moody's crumpled body, and kicked him over onto his back so that his face was visible. Snape followed him, peering into the Foe-Glass, whilst McGonagall and Evangeline made a beeline to the Potter boy.

''Come along, Potter,'' she whispered. The thin line of her mouth was twitching as if she was about to cry. ''Come along . . . hospital wing . . . ''

''No.''

''Dumbledore, he ought to — look at him — he's been through enough tonight—''

''He will stay, Minerva, because he needs to understand.''

''He can understand after he has been tended to, headmaster,'' Evangeline pressed. ''He is bleeding, for Merlin's sake!''

Dumbledore continued curtly, ignoring the women's protests. ''Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. He needs to know who was put him through the ordeal he has suffered tonight, and why.''

''Moody. How can it have been Moody?''

''That is not Alastor Moody,'' he informed quietly. ''You have never met Alastor Moody. The real Moody wouldn't have removed you from my sight after what happened tonight. The moment he took you, I knew — and I followed.''

Dumbledore bent down over the limp Moody, before slipping a hand inside his robes. He pulled out a hip flask and a set of keys on a ring, before he turned to Snape, McGonagall, and Evangeline.