𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. the advance guard

( 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔦𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 ) — the advance guard

''Lower your wand, boy, before you take someone's eye out.''

''Professor Moody?''

''I don't know so much about ❛Professor❜. Never got round to much teaching, did I? Get down here, we want to see you properly.''

''It's all right, Harry. We've come to take you away.''

''P-Professor Lupin? Is that you?''

''Why are we all standing in the dark? Lumos.''

A wand tip flared, illuminated the hall with magical light. Startled, Evangeline blinked, crowded around the foot of the stairs with the rest of the Advance Guard. They were all gazing intently up at Harry, some craning their heads for a better look.

Remus stood nearest to him, explaining why he was quickly enveloped into a hug by his nephew. He smiled broadly at Harry, who tried to smile back through the shock.

The second he had noticed Evangeline, his arms were around her slim shoulders, nearly sending Dora flying into the front door. She gladly returned the embrace, gently patting the fifteen year old on the back.

''Oooh, he looks just like I thought he would,'' Dora mused, her hair short and spiky in a violent shade of violet. ''Wotcher, Harry!''

''This is Nymphadora Tonks, but you just call her Tonks,'' the brunette explained. ''Her mother is my first cousin once removed, which makes us second cousins. She is my friend, too, but not because we are related.''

Kingsley interrupted before the pure-blood went off on a tangent explaining any more of her complicated family tree again — only a few days ago she had recited her entire genealogy to Arthur, Bill, and Charlie. ''Yeah, I see what you mean, Remus. He looks exactly like James.''

''Except the eyes,'' Elphias surveyed. ''Lily's eyes.''

''Are you quite sure it's him, Lupin, Rosier?'' Moody growled. ''It'd be a nice lookout if we bring back some Death Eater impersonating him. We ought to ask him something only the real Potter would know. Unless anyone brought any Veritaserum?''

Remus sighed, keeping his eyes trained on Harry in an effort to prevent them from straying to the girl beside him. ''Harry, what form does your Patronus take?''

''A stag.''

''That's him, Mad-Eye.''

Harry ascended the stairs slowly, stowing his wand into the back pocket of his jeans whilst he walked.