𝖝𝖑. sorry is a five letter word

( 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔦𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 ) — sorry is a five letter word

The Christmas holidays were usually an eventful time for Evangeline, only getting more and more eventful as the years went on.

Her first holidays back home at Rosier Manor her first year at Hogwarts were as special as always. Adonis, much to Opal's chagrin, had decided that his daughter deserved only the most lavish gift to mark the special occasion; a pearly-white Palomino. It was a pivotal moment in Evangeline's life — one that the pure-blood would never forget, even among the countless balls and galas held annually.

Despite the vivaciousness and luxuries she associated the holiday with (even after her last Christmas at home had been marred by the stain of an engagement), nothing could top the baffling happenings of December 1995:

Harry had a vision through the eye of the snake, and was now under the impression he had attacked Arthur.

That was how Evangeline ended up taking a Portkey in the gloomy darkness between dusk and dawn to the even gloomier residence of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.

In the basement kitchen, the only sources of light were a feeble fire and one guttering candle, which illuminated the remains of a supper. Kreacher was disappearing through the door to the hall, looking back at Harry and the Weasley children malevolently as she hitched up his loincloth; Sirius was hurrying towards them all, looking anxious.

''What's going on?'' He asked, stretching a hand out to help Ginny. ''Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured—''

''Ask Harry,'' Fred interrupted.

''Yeah, I want to hear this for myself,'' George agreed.

The pure-blood brunette ushered the children to take their respective seats around the dining table. They had all been ripped out of slumber with the worst news possible, and it had clearly affected their nerves; Ron was shaking like a leaf in the wind, and the pale skin around Ginny's was stamped with purple crescent-moons.

''It was— I had a— a kind of— vision . . . ''

He had told them exactly the same thing he had told Dumbledore. Once he was done, the children continued to stare at him for a moment with unreadable expressions on their face. Evangeline herself was now more alert after hearing the story for the second time, resting her elbows on the back of Harry's chair.

''Is mum here?'' Fred asked, turning towards Sirius.

''She probably doesn't even know whats happened yet. The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledore's letting Molly now know.''