Chapter 6

Celine

Before

Around me I can only hear the music blasting out at high volume, I love this place, I always manage to have fun in one way or another.

Heidi and I are terribly late this evening. Our friends have been waiting for us for more than an hour now, but after an endless afternoon of arguments with my parents I couldn't help but take this extra hour to fix myself up and cool off.

My plan is very clear: I want to drink, to get rid of the memories that my father Philippe brought back with his words, and maybe find a nice guy to have a bit of fun. However, everything goes in background when, joining our friends in the private room, I notice a tall boy with thick dark hair sitting on a sofa.

I can't even see his face since he's looking down at his phone.

Then Daniel calls him and after letting his eyes wander in the room, he focuses on me. I'm pleasantly captivated by the color of his eyes, our gazes meet for a few moments too long, and I don't know yet that this look will cost me the most beautiful and painful years of my life.

"Cel, Heidi, this is my friend Charles. Sorry if I didn't warn you he'd be there too, but we decided last minute!"
I can still feel the boy's emerald eyes on my body and for the first time in my life I feel a strong sense of anxiety and embarrassment. I don't even notice that everyone around me has gone back to talking and dancing, the only thing I'm feeling are his eyes on me, with the only difference that he too has gone back to his seat.

I don't like being intimidated, but today everything seems to be going in the wrong way, and yet this is another proof. Annoyed by the situation, I throw my leather jacket on the sofa and head towards the exit of the room that I'd booked a week ago to celebrate my birthday.

"Hey birthday girl, you can't leave us, not after making us wait an hour!" Daniel is right, but I'm not myself right now, I don't wanna have conversations of any kind with anyone.

"I know guys, one drink and I'll be back, I promise!"