four

----------- four

her fake wand. -----------

A drop of water dripped onto the white sleeve of the snoozing girl, her head rested on her arm as drool dribbled from her open mouth. Bang! A book was slammed down on her desk and her body jerked up. "Fuck! Shit...Ugh." She wiped her cheek, cringing at the light beaming through the window.

"Get up." Regulus picked up the book that he previously slammed down on the desk, "We have detention."

"Aww..." She whined, running her fingers through her hair, "I forgot about that."

"Yeah, now let's go before we get another one." He strode towards the door.

"Thanks for waking me." Toby rushed to his side, his elbow brushing against her forearm.

"Whatever."

"No I mean it, thank you." She pushed, trying to get any expression on his blank face.

"It's...uh, no bother." The left side of his mouth, the side she couldn't see, twitch slightly. "Now, come on." He gripped her wrist, dragging her into Slughorn's class.

"Welcome, you two." The teacher rose from his desk, box in hand, "Wands in here and then you will sit here for the next hour." His grin grew as they reluctantly dropped their wands in the box, then plopped down at opposite sides of the class.

After about eight minutes, the red-heads knee started to bounce, she gnawed at her lip until it bled, and her middle finger peeled back the cuticles on her thumb. Her eyes searched the room for something to hold her attention, but nothing. The teacher was boringly marking papers and Reggie was reading another book. And that's when her mind sparked. Then within two seconds the teacher's head was splatted into the desk, deep asleep.

"What did you do?" Regulus mumbled barely loud enough for her to hear, closing his eyes in disappointment.

"Just a little spell." A mischievous smile took over her as she slid out of her sleep and over to the male, "I forgot that I always bring a fake wand with me in case a teacher tries to take mine off me, so I just took out my real one and wa-bam!"

"You are just asking to get expelled." The boy shook his head, closing over his book.

"I like to test the rules." She draped her hair behind her back, "Push the boundaries. Anyways, what's up with you. Look, I'm aware I'm not your favourite person but I have never felt such a cold shoulder off someone. At Least before you could tolerate me, but now it's like-..."