eight

----------- eight

her pretty face -----------

Picking at the tightened latch on her shoes, a soft hum vibrated her lips. Toby gazed out the library window. She had hidden herself in the deepest, dingy corner, hoping to stay far from the public eye and peacefully observe as the hevay rain lashed violently against the yellow-stained glass. "Oh..." A voiced shocked her, the ginger's face scrunching in annoyance and cringe as her solitude was shattered. 

"What?" Toby snapped, her angry glare shooting up to the disturber before is hastily melted away. "Reggie?"

"Sorry...I didn't mean to intrude on your little pity party." Black tutted at her, rolling his eyes at her snippy tone. 

"It's not a pity party, dickhead." With her sight drifting back to the window, Florence dismissed he growing lump in her tight throat, "I'm juts trying to relax."

"Well, then." Regulus wobbled on his toes, to his heels. "I'll leave you to it."

"You can stay..." She squeaked out, raspy, in a low, weak voice. "Just be quiet."

Regulus chuckled, "How the tables have turned."

"You're still talking."

"Right...Sorry." He shuffled over, planting himself next to the girl. Taking in her appearance, the boy almost fell bad for her. The purple tiredness under her eyes, shifted to a raw red on her tearline, her past tear leaving their awful, burning, hot mark on her pathetic face. Her noswe shone a shade of rough pink, matching thebit and bloodied lips of hers. "Everyones worried about you." He mutted softly, hoping not to set her off. 

"They shouldn't be." She pouted, picking at her cuticles, "I'm fine."

"You don't look it."

"Cheers, mate." Sniffled Toby, bringing her knees up to her chest,chin resting on-top, "You reallly know how to make a girl feel better."

"Thought you were fine?"

"Clearly, I'm not, Regulus." She barked, turning to face him, "Everyone thinks I'm a slut, who fucks around with every male she knows. I'm failing half of my classes. My bestfriend is keeping secrets from me. And, I just found out I can't go home for Christmas. Okay? Is that what you wanted to know?" The boy attempted to jump in and share his opinions, but the fuming Florence was not finished. "Oh! Also, could you tell your friend group to stop giving me dirty look? Tell them I'm not your fuck-buddy, just some girl you know, please and thank you."

"Okay...Um..." Reg cleared his throat, awkwardly patting her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Toby."

"No. I'm sorry..." She rubbed her bruning eyes, embrassment swirling in her intestines and sizzling in her cheeks, "I was being dramatic. i didn't mean to dump everything on you like that. Sorry."