29. Sickness

Pairing: Finn/Elijah (M/M) magic brush

Prompt for chanella (AO3) of illness

New original character developed by Jazmine F. (FF.net)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mikaelson Mansion

Back Yard

Afternoon

Earlier

"Sit, doggy" Julian said. The large German Shepherd panted and sat obediently while Indy clapped.

Sage was impressed, "Julian, don't you think he needs a name?"

Julian cocked his head.

"He was called Andrei, by the others," Julian confided. "That's a nice name, don't you think, Auntie Sage?"

"I think it's lovely," Sage smiled, kneeling by the children and dogs. "What about your dog, Indy? Any ideas?"

Indy bit her lip and looked at Julian questioningly.

"Ioana is what they called her," Julian responded after a moment.

"I like it," Indy spoke up, petting her collie mix on the head. Her dog was black and white with patches of brown fur.

"Her fur is longer, we'll have to brush her," Sage said thoughtfully

"They didn't like it with the others. They had to guard all the time and were kept hungry," Julian reported. "They like it here better."

"Well, they have had a nice bath and a big meal. Now, let's let them run and play," Sage suggested. "I bet they would like to play catch."

"We like to play catch, too," Indy exclaimed.

Sage saw Finn come out of the kitchen door and handed the frisbee to the children, walking to him.

"I don't think that dog house will be necessary, my love," Sage said wryly.

Finn speculated, "I agree. We best stick with building a tree house. The children won't be separated from their new pets for but a moment."

"That is clear. Elijah will just have to get used to the idea," Sage mused. "I think Julian and Indy feel safer around them. Did you have your talk with Elijah?"

Finn shook his head.

"Not yet," Finn mentioned, watching the children frolic happily with their dogs. "He knows damn well that he had no business keeping Stefan chained up. I don't know where he got the notion."

"Probably from your other brother, Niklaus," Sage intoned without judgment.

"True," Finn said gruffly. "Well, if you don't mind keeping an eye on the children, I'll take care of that now. I supposed I need to get that spelled hairbrush or I'm just wasting my time."
Sage grimaced, "Must you really do that? I mean...I shouldn't interfere. It just seems odd."
Finn put a hand on Sage's shoulders and pulled his red-haired girlfriend to him.