34. A Brief Revolution

Pairing: Ric/Kol (M/m) hand, ruler; Kol/Ric (m/M) hand

Prompt fulfilled for Vampirequeen666 from AO3

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Early Morning

Aaron tossed and turned. He knew he had been a major dick to Wes, but he was angry. Every time he drifted off to sleep, he woke up. Was he having nightmares of the camping trip? The one where his parents had died? Wes had been the one to pick him up that night. He'd try not to be so rough on the guy, but he just got so pissed.

Aaron got up to get a drink of water. That was one benefit of being in the maid's room. It was right off the kitchen.

Aaron got himself a piece of pizza and some soda. Fuck sleep. He'd just give up on it.

Aaron heard a sound outside.
"What the hell is that?" Aaron said squinting as he looked out the glass door into the back yard. Was it that kid? The twin, Julian? It was like 3am, what the hell was he doing up?

Aaron swallowed his last bite of pizza and opened the door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Aaron called out softly.

Julian was almost to the door.

"Hi Aaron, I was just helping the snake and the birds. Can you help me? It's too cold for Mr. Slither to be out here at night," Julian added, bouncing up and down excitedly.

"The python is outside? Dude, what is happening here?" Aaron muttered, scanning the dark yard for the huge snake. He flicked on the back light and didn't see anything.

"He's near the gazebo," Julian explained. "I would get Daddy up but I'm not allowed to be out of bed. You have to help me!"

Aaron peered down at the small African American boy. His bright blue eyes were pleading with him. It was kinda hard to resist.

"Um, okay. I guess I could get the carrier, but I think he needs like an aquarium or something. And mice to eat," Aaron shared, opening the door to let the kid in. He was still in his dino pajamas and it was a cool night.

Julian frowned and said softly, "There are mice in the attic he could eat. I think I saw a fish tank up there, too. Would that work?"

"I think," Aaron said, not really sure. "How did he even get out there?"

"The spell, dummy! To help Damon," Julian said proudly, he was glad to know something the older blonde boy did not.

"Spell? Kid, I think you should go to bed. I really don't know what you are talking about. Damon just had a fever and...," Aaron drifted off.

"Just help me. Please! It's too cold out there. Mr. Slither is going to freeze," Julian begged, pulling on Aaron's arm. "Help me take him to the attic!"

"Oh shit, this is crazy," Aaron said. "You are as nuts as the rest of them around here. I'll help you, but then you got to go to bed. It's like super late."

"I will," Julian confirmed. "Get the holder for him. I'll just call him and we can take him up. Hold on."

Julian ran off back into the night and Aaron got the carrier out of the garage. He wasn't really sure why he was helping the kid. But he didn't really have anything better to do and the boy was insistent.

Twenty minutes later, Aaron had dragged the plastic carrier up into the attic with Julian opening the door and turning on lights for him. It was odd how the snake slithered into the carrier itself, but Aaron figured they did that.

"Okay, now he needs out," Julian said, when they arrived in the dusty attic. "So he can eat."

"How do you even know all this?" Aaron asked with suspicion.