01| OMG! He's coming

The night lay cloaked in darkness, a serene silence embracing everything

The night lay cloaked in darkness, a serene silence embracing everything. The entire city slumbered profoundly. Only the distant, melodic chime of crickets filled the air, adding a touch of life to the otherwise hushed atmosphere. The moon cast its gentle glow, illuminating the surrounding darkness with a soft, ethereal light.

Rising from my bed, I stretched my arms and gathered my hair into a bun. Feeling a sudden thirst, I walked over to the nightstand, only to discover the jug empty.

A sigh passed my lips. I decided to fetch some water. Slowly and cautiously, I climbed down the stairs to navigate through the darkness that has enveloped the hallway.

Just as I was heading to the the kitchen, I stopped in my tracks, noticing the lights emitting from my parents' bedroom.

Curiosity and concern crept into my mind. It was unusual for my parents to stay awake so late. Worried that something might be wrong, I hurried my steps towards their bedroom door.

Just as my hand was about to knock, I froze when I heard a quiet conversation coming from inside the room.

"Should we share the truth with Niu?" I heard my mother's voice.

"No rush. We'll wait for the right moment. In a few months, when they visit us, we'll reveal everything to her," Papa replied, his tone steady and composed.

Confusion turned into lines formed on my forehead as I wondered what my parents were keeping from me. Who was this mysterious person or group that would be coming in a few months?

"But she has every right to know considering she is g-" Maa began but halted abruptly.

Though I couldn't see them, I was sure that Papa must have stopped her from divulging any more information.

"In the end, we are her parents, and we know what's best for her," Papa declared with firm resolve in his voice.

The entire situation intrigued me deeply, leaving me torn between whether to confront them directly or withdraw quietly. Knowing they were deliberately concealing something, I hesitated to inquire, fearing it might anger them that I unintentionally eavesdropped on their conversation.

Opting for the second option, I turned away from the door and cast one last lingering look before making my way towards the main hall.
.
.
.
.
.

"Ugh! Where did I put the kit?" My eyes scanned the room frantically. I rummaged through drawers, cupboards, and shelves, but no progress. Minutes later, I finally found it tucked away in a corner of my desk.

I sat down at my desk and began to organize my books for the upcoming semester. I couldn't help but think back to my school days, where everything was so much simpler. Waking up early, getting dressed, attending class, chatting with friends, and then coming home to do homework - it was a routine that required little thought or stress.