07| Is it because of that guy?

It's a peculiar sensation that often arises, where despite our efforts to avoid or neglect someone; destiny has a way of intertwining paths

I've had a recurring experience where my path intersects with destiny in a similar manner. When I first met Nitya, my mind immediately felt an urge to maintain a physical and emotional distance from her.

However, despite my determined efforts to steer clear of her, she appeared before me at the most unforeseen moments and circumstances, as if life was playing a game with me.

During my journey to calm my nerves yesterday evening, Nitya unexpectedly appeared right in front of my vehicle. I had intended to calm myself from the exchange with my father, but her presence only added to my anger.

In a petty attempt to mock her, I inquired whether she would, once again, put the blame on me, just as she had done during our initial encounter.

I expected her to lash out at me or exhibit rude behavior for pointing out her mistake, as she had done in the cafeteria. To my amazement, she sincerely apologized without attempting to deflect the error.

Her response caught me off guard.

A wave of regret washed over me, making me wonder if our first encounter had been doomed from the beginning. I couldn't deny that she wasn't as awful as my initial assumptions had led me to believe. Her calm demeanor and gentle voice compelled me to question whether I had hastily judged her, unfairly associating her with the arrogant and loud women I had encountered before.

The idea of allowing our first meeting to fade into oblivion did cross my mind. However, my emotions shifted once more when an aged gentleman approached Nitya, inquiring if I was causing her any trouble. The nearby spectators gazed at me with a sense of questioning. 

Although Nitya was not responsible for the actions of others, the mere fact that I was being accused due to her presence brought my frustration and anger towards her back to full force.

In that moment, it appeared that we had come full circle, and were once again back to where we started.

With a heavy sigh, I brushed off the events of the previous day.

As I passed through the gate, strolling past the pavilion, my gaze landed on Nitya, standing with a man.

He seemed to be engaged in lively conversation, but the expression on Nitya's face revealed her reluctance to engage with him. Her features were taut and burdened with stress.

Confusion crept in as I witnessed the unfolding scene.

Should I go ask her if everything is okay?

I shook my head, feeling foolish for considering these thoughts. Why would I bother to inquire about her well-being, when it's not my concern? I shouldn't interfere in her personal affairs.