12

You had been at school for four days. That meant at least 25 and a half hours, not that you were counting You were just so done with everything! It felt like months since you'd spoken to someone that you actually tolerated, truthfully you only wanted to talk to Thomas but he didn't seem to be interested anymore.

You had spent hours just thinking whether you have a chance or not with the mysterious boy. No one, not even Tyler, knew about your conversation with him that day at the lake house. You were walking home, silently praying that there would be some sort of message for you.

"Hailey! Why the hell aren't you listening? I just told you that Damon, Damon Lawrence, asked me out! Aren't you happy for me?" Your friend Olivia said, raising her voice, as if she was a teacher.

She startled you so you jumped out of your daze and replied quickly, "That's great!" You smiled but didn't mean it. Damon was the definition of jock; he played baseball and soccer, puts more product in his hair than Barbie and has the ego of Justin Bieber.

"Oh and you meant that like you meant getting a D in your chem was 'great'? What the actually hell is wrong with you?" You weren't exactly the most popular and so had to stick with people like Olivia, you didn't hate her just a strong dislike with a passion... She always belittles people to make herself feel better, you felt sorry for her but you had to let it all out.

"Liv' please, I just think that... I think that Damon has no personality, bullied me fall through juniors and doesn't actually care about you," You almost yelled at her and so softened the blow with a quiet, "that's all."

"That's all? What do you mean, that's all? I haven't heard from you all break and suddenly you can't even talk to me anymore without offending me! Are you sure you meant all that about Damon? When have you ever spoken to him?"

You stayed silent, you didn't realize she was so upset and didn't want to loose the only person that spoke to you, minus your own brother.

Olivia suddenly stopped walking and gasped, "You're jealous! It's okay not to have a boyfriend! Seriously, it's fine!"

You were used to her normal junk but that just made you a little angry. Actually no, it made you so angry you didn't hold back a bit.

"Olivia. I'm sorry but I'm not sure if you've noticed but your his second girlfriend this week! Can't you see that he's just going to ditch you? You're not going to last a day with him! He's going to steal you virginity within days! And their my grades for a reason, I don't need you to tell me if that's good enough for you! Oh, and I have a boyfriend so go tell your little 'Damon' that I actually have a life! You need to stop thinking that you're always centre of attention, because you're not! You're no where near."

You couldn't take back what you just said, you knew this would backfire seriously bad. Your heart was pumping so fast you felt like you could run miles without tiring.

"Really? Who?" She cocked her hip and head in sync just like she was some sort of popular plastic.

You panicked so blurted out, "Thomas Sangster, are you okay with that?"