Chapter One

Chapter One   
                  "Birth and Death"

                                                                                            Astrid Mikaelson was laying in a simple bed, covered in sweat

                                                                                            Astrid Mikaelson was laying in a simple bed, covered in sweat. By her side it was her husband, Elijah Mikaelson, holding her hand and telling her everything is going to be alright.

"Astrid, just push a few more times amd it will be over.", Esther Mikaelson said.

"Whose that girl?", Elena Gilbert asked.

"Woman giving birth is my wife, Astrid.", Elijah answered trying to hold his tears and glaring at Astrid. It was her fault her mother died and she dares use her name.

"Where is she now?", Stefan asked.

"Let me guess", Damon said, "Klaus daggered like rest of your siblings."

"He didn't. Astrid died giving birth to our daughter.", Elijah answered.

Astrid pushed one more time and baby was out.

Esther smiled and said "You have a baby daughter. Do you want to hold her?"

Astrid nodded yes.

Astrid took the baby and smiled, then she looked at Elijah "She is beautiful."

"Yes she is, like her mother. What should we name her?", Elijah asked.

Just then Astrid went from sitting position to laying down.
Elijah took the baby into his hands and asked " Mother what is happening? Is Astrid okay?"

"Where is your daughter now?", Bonnie had to ask.

"He doesn't have a daughter. Astrid does but he's nothing more than a gene donor.", Astrid said.

"Why do you say that like you know his daughter?", Alaric said.

"Because I'm that baby. And as I already said he's a gene donor not a dad.", Astrid answered and everyone apart from the originals had suprised faces.

After doing a spell, Esther took the child from Elijah's arms and said "I'm sorry son but Astrid died."

"What?", Elijah said with tears falling from his eyes.

From that moment Elijah couldn't even look at the child.

Astrid would still be here if it wasn't for her.