Chapter Six

Chapter six
"Leaving the village"

Astrid was in the woods picking flowers for her gift for Klaus

It was three months after Henrik died. Astrid started noticing weird things happening to her family.
Veins under their eyes when they were near humans, how for a few days they couldn't walk in the sun. They burned the white oak tree and whenever she would give them flowers that grew at the base of white oak, they would decline it except dad but it seemed like it hurt him so now she is picking flowers for her gift but the ones that aren't vervain.

"Dad you didn't need to take the flowers if it hurt you.", Astrid said looking at her father.

"I know but I didn't want to make you sad.", Klaus said giving his daughter a genuine smile.

Everyone else looked at Klaus like he fell from Mars. He took the pain vervain was giving him, vampires knew how it felt, just to make his daughter happy. It didn't change their opinions of him only Stefan's and Caroline's. And now that they think about it if they had a part of them locked away for thousand years they would do anything to break it. Just like Klaus.

Astrid was just about to open the door of the hut when she heard her dad, "We are not leaving without Astrid.", He yelled at his siblings.

"We need to run and she is just going to slow us down.", Elijah argued.

"We can not leave her here without any protection. Father could hurt her.", Klaus said.

"Who cares what happens to her?", Elijah questioned happy that she will be gone just like she should have when she was born. His wife should have survived not this brat.

"I care. If anything happens to that girl and you have something to the with it I will kill you brother.", Klaus said angerly.

That was the moment Astrid opened the door wide open.

Everyone looked at her.

"Dad I made a gift for you.", She gave him the man like figure and a smaller one, flowers around them.

"Its beatiful, you are so talented.", Klaus said smiling at her.
She smiled back.

"Are we going somewhere?", She asked noticing the bags in the corner.

"Yes.", Klaus said still smiling as to not worry her.

"Where are we going?", Astrid asked smiling exicitedly.

"That is a suprise, princess.", He said touching her nose with his finger making her giggle.
He picked her up, "You should sleep we are going in the morning."

"Okay dad, love you."

"I love you to sweetheart."

"Your incapable of love, Klaus.", Bonnie said angerly at him.

"Just because I hate you and want you to suffer does not mean I am incapable of love. Your angry because I killed Jenna but you forgave Damon for killing Jeremy."

"Jeremy is still alive.", Liz said making Damon smile thankfully to her.

"Yes because he had the Gilbert ring on. Which Damon did not know about.", Klaus said smirking at them.

"I know we are supposed to hate him,",  Jeremy said "but he is totally right about this. You forgave Damon for killing me way to easily. I could've died.", Jeremy said annoyed everyone just forgot he died.

"Jeremy he was angry.", Elena said defending the man she fell in love with.

"It still wasn't right he killed him Elena.", Stefan said, "Katherine rejects you, Elena says she doesn't love you and you throw a tantrum by killing her brother."

Everyone looked at Stefan suprised as Caroline, Jeremy and the originals agreed with him.

Next day Astrid woke up in her dad's arms and he was walking. Klaus noticed she was awake amd said "Good morning princess."

"Dad where are we?", Astrid asked looking around.

"We have just one more village and we can rest, then we will start walking again.", Klaus said.

Astrid motioned for him to let her down. He did that and took her hand.

Others looked annoyed at that. This girl is just slowing them down, Klaus had to be so stuborn about this matter.

Elijah was looking angerly at Astrid and thinking of the way to get rid of her.