Chapter Four

Chapter Four
"A siphoner."

Astrid was four winter's old

Astrid was four winter's old. She was playing with Rebekah, Henrik and Kol. When Astrid touched Kol her hands glowed red.

Kol screamed and falled to his knees. Klaus, who was watching them play, run up to them and saw that Astrid's hand was glowing red. Astrid let go of Kol and he stopped screaming.

"What the hell was that?", Alaric asked  with look of horror on his face.

"It's called siphoning.", Astrid said.

"What is that?", Stefan asked looking at Astrid.

"Some witches don't have magic of their own, they have a power to take it from others.", Klaus said.

"Bonnie did you know what it was?", Caroline asked her best friend.

Bonnie nodded. "Grams talked to me about siphoners, they are abomination of nature.", She said looking disgustedly at Astrid.

Astrid rolled her eyes and said "We're not abomination of nature. Siphoning is a gift from God."

She turned back to the screen.

"Kol, Astrid are you alright? What happend? What was that red glow?", Niklaus asked worried for his brother and daughter.

"I don't know Nik. She just touched me and it hurt like hell."

"We should ask mother. She will know what happend.", Rebekah said.

They walked into the hut.

"Children. How came your done playing so early?", Esther asked.

"We need to ask you something mother.", Kol said.

"What is it?"

"While we were playing, Astrid took my hand and it started to glow red, it was painful."

Esther looked at Astrid.
"She's a siphoner.", Esther said.

"What is that?", Niklaus asked.

"It is a type of witch that doesn't have a magic of her own, so they take it from other witches when they touch them.",  Esther explained.

"Does that mean she can't touch anyone?", Rebekah asked.

"If she learns to control so she does not take magic everytime she touches someone, everything will be fine."

"Can you teach her to control it, mother?", Niklaus asked.

"Yes I can."

"And she did but I like it when people scream when I take their magic away so I don't control it.", Astrid said smirking, everyone else just looked at her fearfully except Klaus. He was laughing at everyone's faces.