Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
"First Heartbreak"

Astrid was sitting in a chair as her aunt braided her hair.
Braid started at one side and ended on the other side of her head.

"You look like a princess. Mathias will love it." Rebekah said, looking at the girl as she put flowers in her hair.

"Thanks, Aunt Bekah." Astrid said, smiling.

"You look close." Liz commented.

"We were until she agreed with Elijah that they should stop all contact with me and go in the middle of the night." Astrid said, throwing glares at Rebekah.

"Your plan was smart, Elijah.", Klaus began. "But it had one flaw. You told me about it. I still can't believe you thought I would just leave Astrid." Klaus let out a mocking laugh.

As Astrid stood up, she tripped and fell.

Once she stood up, she noticed she had a cut on her left palm.

Rebekah ran to her.
"Astrid, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, but I cut my palm." Astrid said, looking at her palm.

Rebekah looked at her palm and tried to comfort her.
"Do not worry sweetheart, it will be gone in a few days. It will not even leave a scar."

"But it will not be gone tonight." Astrid said and looked at her aunt with puppy eyes.
"Could you heal me, pleeease?" Astrid asked.

"Nik will be furious if I give you vampire blood." Rebekah said.

"He will be more furious if I tell him you cut me." Astrid says with a little smirk.

"You blackmailed her?" Bonnie asked, suprise in her eyes.

"I like to think of it as encouraging her to do it." Astrid said shrugging.

"How many times did you encourage her like that?" Klaus questioned with a raised brow.

"A few times." Astrid said sheepishly.

"Fine." Rebekah said knowing Astrid isn't bluffing.
She cut her hand and let her blood drip into the bowl.
Astrid drank it and wiped the blood from the corners of her mouth.

"Thank you, Aunt Bekah." Astrid said.

"Are you two ready to go?" Kol asked entering the hut.

"Yes." Rebekah said as her and Astrid left the hut.
Klaus was waiting for them outside.

"You look beautiful, little siphoner." Klaus said looking at Astrid with a proud look.

"What am I? A cockroach?" Rebekah exlaimed angrily.

"Wouldn't think of better description myself Bekah." Kol said teasingly.

"Oh, shut up." Rebekah said pushing Kol from his chair.

"Children, please, no fighting." Elijah said.

Astrid rolled her eyes.

Rebekah, Klaus and Astrid went to the center of the little village to join everyone else for the festivities.

"Why weren't Elijah and Kol with you?" Liz asked looking at the Mikaelson family.

"Elijah was avoiding me, Finn doesn't like crowded places and Kol would come later to snach someone and feed on them." Astrid explained nonchalantly.

"Do you see him?" Astrid asked probing herself on her toes to see over the crowd.

"He will come." Rebekah said looking at the guy she currently fancies.

Twenty minutes later Mathias still hasn't shown.

"He is not coming." Astrid said sighing and wiping away her tears.

"Being stood up is the worst." Caroline said.

"Yeah." Elena and Bonnie agreed.

"Do you want to leave?" Klaus asked, his tone gentle.

Just as she was about to answer she spotted Mathias with the meanest girl from the village. They were dancing.

"That jerk." Stefan says.

"That is awful." Elena says looking at Astrid with pity, which the girl hated.

"I want to be alone." Astrid said running away in tears towards the village river.

"Towards a river that was frozen because it was winter." Astrid said.

Klaus pulled her close and kissed the top of her head.