Virginia X nonbinary reader angst

Requested by Starlover55_
Trigger warning: almost dying

Also, in this, the original 13 are brothers
So New York and Georgia are not dating in this
Human names
Jake: New York
George: Georgia
William: Virginia
Delaware: John
Pennsylvania: James
New Jersey: Joey

——

They were in the hospital with their boyfriend, Virginia. Virginia had gotten sick and was coughing up blood. So his partner. Y/N took him to the hospital. Y/N had to call his brothers because the people at the hospital wouldn't let them go in to
visit Virginia unless they were family. His brothers, New York and Georgia came in. " how is he?" New York asked " I don't know they won't let me go in"Y/N explain as tears ran down their face. Georgia and New York went to the desk." Hi we're here to see William Jones" Georgia said
" what's your relation?" The secretary ask " where his brothers" York said " well that case you and that person he came in with can go see him." the nurse said, and gave them the room number.

Your point of view.

We walked in to the room when I saw Virginia on that bed I started to cry even harder than before." baby." I said. as I walked up to his bed, he was asleep. Soon the doctor came in." he has pneumonia" the doctor said. I nodded " is he gonna be Okay?" I asked.
" it is possible, but he might not make it" the doctor said that broke me inside. I started crying harder. I look at Georgia and York were crying as well. Then Virginia's other brothers. Delaware. Pennsylvania and New Jersey walked in." how is he?" Jersey asked he looks like he actually got cleaned up for once ." he might not make it." I said. Jersey Nodded, but looks like he was about to cry.

I was sitting next to Virginia, holding his hand when I felt my hand get squeezed I look up at him as his eyes started to open He looks at me and smiles." baby girl why are you crying?" He looked at me. I I just cried harder. He sat up." Hey baby don't cry tell me what's wrong." he said as he wiped away the tears from my face." I can't lose you." it was all I could say. He looked at me confused. I look at Georgia." George I think you to tell him." I said Georgia nodded.
" Will the doctor says you have pneumonia, and you may not make it" Georgia said Virginia frowned he looked at his brothers then me " do you guys really think that pneumonia is going to kill me? with the amount of wars I've been in I'd think you'd have more faith in my survivablility." Virginia says smiling. His brothers laugh. Virginia looked at me. "Y/N I promise that nothings going to happen to me" he said, as he squeeze my hand All I could do was look at him, " promise cause I can't live without you. I love you." I said." I promise. I love you too." Virginia said, as he kissed my hand. I blush and giggle." there  that smile I love." he said.

The nurse came in talking. It was time to go. His brothers said goodbye, and walked out, leaving us alone." I'll be back with. One of your brothers tomorrow. I love you." I said, as I stood up and kiss his forehead.
" I love you more" he said we said our goodbyes and I left the room with New York, and Georgia
Suddenly, as we were leaving, we heard a loud beep. The nurses ran in." he's flatlining." the nurse said.
Tears started falling down my face I run up to his bed" no no no no no baby come back to me I need you I can't live without you" I cried New York, Georgia New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware were trying to pull me off of him " baby don't leave me" I cried New York and Pennsylvania pull me off of Virginia, so the nurses can do CPR.

As I was crying into New York or Pennsylvania's arms. I honestly did not know whose arms I was crying into at that moment. Suddenly the heart monitor starts beeping at a normal rate again, and I hear a grunt." fuck that hurts." Virginia says. Whoever was holding me let go so I could go to his bedside" I thought I lost you" I cried " oh, baby, I would never leave you and you're never gonna lose me " he said I just cried" I would hug you, but I'm in too much pain right now" he said rubbing my back 

Then I got an idea " Jake and Joey go find out when they're gonna release him" I said they nodded and went to go find out " I'm not leaving. I'm gonna have one of your brothers stay here with you until you get better cause I don't wanna leave you here"I say he put his hand on my cheek " baby girl, my brothers have their own lives. They can't just stay here cause the hospital won't let you stay here with me." he says I look down." they wouldn't let me visit you unless I am Family " I said he tilts his head

" oh, honey, you are my family you're my world you're the love of my life" he said that made me smile
" I love you forever and always" he said, as he sat up and pulled me in for a kiss kiss, was sweet and passionate. We pulled away when New Jersey and New York walked in" the releasing him tomorrow morning the doctors do you wanna run some test on him to see why he flatlined" New Jersey, said I nodded
There was a chair that was more like a couch. We decided that Georgia was going to stay with me in Virginia tonight at the hospital so we can take him home in the morning.

I was about to lay on the couch for Georgia, sleeps in the chair, when Virginia looked at me in a way " you know you can sleep with me on the bed" he said, I shook my head" honey there's no way that bed is big enough for the two of us and one of the nurses need to take care of you in the middle of the night. No I love you get some sleep." I said, as I laid on the couch, using my poncho as a blanket.

The next morning

" good morning Y/N" I hear Virginia say " good morning Virginia I mean, William." I said, realizing that we were in the hospital, and I almost gave his identity away I hear Virginia laugh" the nurse came in. Tell me that they're going to get my release forms all set and then we're all set to go home. And get some real food." I smile." so you wanna go out to eat for breakfast" I say he nods I giggle. He filled out the papers and then we woke up Georgia and we're ready to leave the hospital. I helped Virginia get out of bed. As I did this, he kissed me. I kiss back. " I'm glad you're Okay although I'm making sure you take your medicine every day" I state he smiles, and says" yes, darlin" he says in his cute southern draw.

We get in the car and drive home

The end

——
I would like to thank my dear friend atlas427 for helping me out with this
I hope you enjoyed it
I'm gonna try to try to get some sleep now
Bye