13

TWO FOOLS

____________

The luxurious yacht sailed the Mediterranean Sea under the bright sun. The warm temperature with the soft breeze caressing their skins like an invisible kiss, the background music Draco was playing on his cassette with the sound of the waves and the exquisite wine Marlena bought before leaving town brought a sweet sensation to everyone's mouth that only Summer can achieve.

They had been on the eastern coast of Italy for two days now and the five of them could agree it was like tasting paradise on Earth. Although Draco could point out how much of a third wheel he felt being in between two couples despite Theo's complaints.

Technically, Malfoy was a third wheel. Lilith and Fred were very much together and Theo had been with Marlena for two weeks now, even though it still felt like a dream for Theo. It is not as if Theo and she were cuddling everywhere together and acting the way Fred and Lilith acted around each other, but proximity and intimacy had grown on them with each day that went by.  It made Theo wish the bet lasted more so he could keep holding Marlena's hand in his while walking the streets of the Italian cities and towns they were planning on visiting.

It was complicated. How much affection should he show? How should he act around her? Theo never had a girlfriend before, he knew how to treat women properly that was for sure, but a girlfriend was different from the other girls, wasn't it? Shouldn't it? 

He took a deep breath while laying down on his chair, putting on his sunglasses and eating a couple of fresh olives from a little bowl Marlena had put next to his glass of wine.

"What are the plans for today?" he asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

Lena immediately looked at him, holding herself back from coming closer towards him and throwing herself into his arms for some cuddles. Being girlfriend and boyfriend that wouldn't be something out of place, but for them two, well, Lena didn't know where the limits were.

"We are visiting my hometown," she announced, going back to the book she was reading. She was nervous about letting Theo know such an important and private part of her as her hometown and her manor were, but at the same time, she wanted him to be part of it. 

She felt so fucking stupid. Marlena Di Luca acting as if she was in love with Theo Nott...

Pathetic.

They shared lunch on the yacht, enjoying the beautiful day and sharing anecdotes. Fred, Draco and Theo took every chance they could to pick on each other and throw each other to the sea while Lena and Lilith bonded more than ever, sharing stories, telling the boys off and sunbathing together until their skins got that tanned hint almost impossible to achieve in England.

Both girls were showing off their bodies with bikinis that stood out in their beautiful shapes. Theo could have sworn Fred had slapped Lilith's butt at least 10 times in the last hour despite Draco's complaints. However, Theo didn't care, he was too busy admiring Lena's beauty. He didn't know if it would be comfortable for her if he approached her and caressed her, even if it was just a little bit. But every movement she made was torture for his hands who only yearned to touch her.

By seven in the afternoon, they arrived at the harbour of their destination. As soon as they set foot on solid ground, Draco, who was exhausted from seeing his best mate looking with puppy eyes at Marlena, decided to play a little bit and give them the perfect excuse to be alone.

"Hey, carrot!" he intervened, making Fred separate from Lilith's lips to look at the blond, "I wanna get some new clothes, wanna come with me so I can help you change your horrendous style?"