Part 10

Connor's POV:After Y/n dropped me off, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. I quickly snapped her, and to my delight, she snapped me back, still sporting my hoodie. The sight of her wearing it filled me with a warmth that lingered long after she had driven away. Entering my room, I indulged in a relaxing shower, the hot water washing away the remnants of the day's excitement. With a contented sigh, I dried off and slipped into comfortable pajamas, ready to drift off into a peaceful slumber.The next morning dawned with a sense of anticipation coursing through my veins. Today was the day I would give Y/n my hockey jersey, a simple yet significant gesture that held far more meaning than mere fabric.I wasted no time in texting her, inviting her to swing by practice so I could hand over the jersey. Her response of 'okay' sent a surge of excitement coursing through me as I gathered my belongings and bid farewell to my parents before heading out.Arriving at the hockey rink, I parked in the lot and eagerly awaited Y/n's arrival. True to her word, she soon pulled up, and I couldn't help but grin as she greeted me through her car window."Sup," she greeted casually, her demeanor relaxed and carefree."Hey," I replied, laughter bubbling up between us as I passed her the jersey. "Here you go.""Thank you, have fun," she said gratefully, her smile lighting up her face as she accepted the garment."Bye," I called after her as she drove off, a warm feeling settling in my chest. It was moments like these that made me realize just how much I liked her.Entering the hockey building, I made my way to the locker room, eager to get changed and hit the ice. With practiced ease, I swapped my clothes for my hockey gear, relishing the familiar routine as I prepared for practice.Stepping onto the ice, I felt a rush of adrenaline coursing through me, the cold air invigorating as I skated alone, lost in the rhythm of my movements.Before long, the rest of the team arrived, and we greeted each other with enthusiasm, eager to kick off the day's training session. "Hey, Coach," my friends called out as we gathered around, ready to receive our instructions for the day."Hey, guys," Coach greeted us with a nod, his tone firm yet encouraging. "Alright, we're going to start with shooting drills today. Let's give it our all."For the next hour, we honed our skills, each shot bringing us one step closer to perfection. As practice drew to a close, Coach reminded us of the upcoming game, a reminder that filled me with a mix of excitement and nerves."Okay, guys, tomorrow will be the first game of the season, so we've got to do our best," Coach announced, his words ringing in our ears as we packed up our gear and headed home.As I prepared for bed that night, I couldn't shake the excitement of the upcoming game. With my jersey neatly folded and ready to go, I drifted off to sleep, visions of victory dancing in my head.