part 20

Y/n pov

as we stepped inside Connor's house, the familiar scent of home greeted us, wrapping us in a comforting embrace. The evening's excitement still buzzed in the air around us, mingling with the warmth of shared laughter and celebration.Connor led me to the cozy living room, where his family had gathered to celebrate his draft day. His parents, beaming with pride, enveloped us in tight hugs, congratulating Connor on his remarkable achievement. His sister, Emily, teased him affectionately, a playful glint in her eye as she ruffled his hair.Amidst the joyous chaos, Adam, Connor's best friend and fellow Michigan teammate, clapped Connor on the back, his grin infectious as he offered his heartfelt congratulations. "Way to go, buddy! You're going to crush it with the Blackhawks!" he exclaimed, his enthusiasm contagious.Luke Hughes and his brother, Jack, along with other Michigan players, joined in the celebration, their camaraderie a testament to the bonds forged through years of hard work and shared dreams. They shared stories and laughs, reminiscing about their time on the ice and looking forward to the adventures that lay ahead.As the night wore on, Connor's mom brought out trays of delicious homemade snacks, and his dad poured glasses of celebratory champagne. We gathered around the coffee table, toasting to Connor's success and the bright future that awaited him.As the evening drew to a close, Connor's family and friends bid us farewell with hugs and well-wishes. Connor and I lingered in the doorway, reluctant to let go of the magic of the night.As we drove home, the quiet hum of the car filled the space between us, a comfortable silence punctuated by occasional bursts of laughter and shared memories. Connor reached for my hand, his touch grounding me in the present moment.When we arrived back at our apartment, the night air still tinged with the remnants of excitement and celebration, Connor pulled me into his arms, holding me close as we stood on the doorstep. "Thank you for being here with me tonight," he whispered, his voice soft with emotion.I smiled up at him, my heart overflowing with love for the incredible man beside me. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world," I replied, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.As we stepped inside our cozy apartment, the warmth of home enveloped us, wrapping us in a blanket of love and contentment. Together, we settled onto the couch, reliving the highlights of the evening and dreaming about the adventures that awaited us.As we curled up together, surrounded by the familiar comforts of home, I knew that no matter where life took us, as long as we were together, we could conquer anything. Tonight was just the beginning of a new chapter in our lives, and I couldn't wait to see where it would take us. With Connor by my side, the possibilities were endless, and our love would be the guiding light that led us through it all.