Mock Battel Exam!

'Oh, man! It has been so long time since I was this nervous about something,' Izuku thought as he stood in front of the mirror with nothing but a towel around his waist, 'honestly reminds me of the day of U.A.'s entrance exam,' Izuku giggled to himself, 'I was so nervous and scared that day. I had just received One for All a few hours ago and had no idea how I was going to pass the exam if the quirk didn't show up.'

'But you did pass the exam,' Nana said, 'and you did it quite heroically while saving a life."

'I don't know Nana. I was running around like a headless chicken for the entirety of the exam and then completely broke myself at the end,' Izuku thought with a strained smile, 'I hardly believe, any of that looked heroic on the teacher's cams.'

'Are you sure, that was not heroic? Because I am pretty sure Ochako must have thought otherwise,' Nana said but immediately regrated it when she felt Izuku's mood shift. 

'Well, we will never know huh?' Izuku said with a bitter tone.

'I am sorry, I didn't mean to-'

'It's ok Nana,' Izuku said with a sad smile, 'It has been sixteen years... I have accepted my new reality and moved on,' and even tho his smile didn't waver while saying that, Nana knew that the boy was lying to himself but she wasn't cruel to point that out. 

Then after a few minutes of awkward silence between him and Nana, Izuku thanked what little lucky stars he had when Opera called him out, "Izuku-Sama, your new uniform is here," Izuku turned around and saw Opera standing at the door with a very fancy looking bag in his hand.

"Thanks, you can leave it on the bed," Izuku said.

Opera nodded and drooped the bag on the bed. Then he looked at Izuku and asked, "nervous?"

"Yeah a little," Izuku said while rubbing his arm, "I mean, I am pretty confident in my own abilities and strength, but I am still not sure what to expect when it comes to my opponent."

"In that case, I have advice for you," Opera said.  

"Advice?" Izuku asked.

"Well, it's more like a hidden trick," Opera said, "you see, in the rank competitive society of Netherworld, fearing your opponent is equivalent to admitting defeat. That's why, when afraid, you need to take a step out and turn that fear into excitement."

'Opera san, that is not good advice for someone like Izuku,' Nana said even tho she knew that Opera can't hear her, 'this idiot already runs toward danger without any care in the world.'

Izuku ignored Nana and thanked Opera, who immediately left his room to prepare breakfast.

'Get ready Izuku, this is going to be a long day,' Nana said and Izuku just sighed as stared at the bag on his bed.

******

(Babyls Staff room)

Half an hour before the students started flooding into the school, Naberius Kalego was sitting in a staff room, reviewing some documents while enjoying what little quiet time he gets throughout his day.

But then, much to his displeasure, the new trainee teacher, Bars Robin, interrupted his quiet time, "Kalego sensei!"

This new trainee was boisterous, brash, and inconsiderate, the three things that he hated most in a person. This means even talking to him was like torture to him, "what do you want?"

"Today is Mock Battels Exam right?" Robin asked leaning in on his table much to his dislike.

"Yes," Kalego grunted, "what about it?"