Battlers & Amy Kirio!

It had been a few weeks since Izuku had discussed his ambitions with Ameri, and ever since then, his life had been going pretty normally... well, as normal as it could get in the Netherworld. However, that changed when Izuku arrived at school and saw a very bizarre sight in front of him.

"Something is clearly wrong here," Izuku said as he entered the deserted Freshmen's tower that should have been bursting with first-year students, "where is everyone?"

'You think there is some sort of event going on that you are not aware of?' Nana asked.

'If that were the case, Grandpa or Opera would have told me about it,' Izuku replied and took out his phone from his pocket, dialing the number of the most reliable demon in his contact list.

After a few rings, the receiver picked up the call, "Izuku, it's too early for you to have gotten into trouble," came the exasperated voice on the other end.

"Don't worry, Ameri," Izuku chuckled, "I'm not in trouble or anything. I just wanted to ask you why the first-year tower is uncharacteristically empty today?"

"Oh that's because today is Rookie Hunt," Ameri said.

"And what is a Rookie Hunt exactly?" he asked.

"Well I could explain what that is but where is fun in that," Ameri said and Izuku could actually imagine her smirking face, "besides you told me that you will accept the Netherworld with all its challenges... well consider this as one of them," and with those words, she ended the call.

"Well, that wasn't helpful at all," Izuku sighed as he ignored Nana cracking in his mind.

Suddenly, the building started shaking as he heard deafening cheers and roars coming from the door that connected their tower with the upperclassmen towers.

"What the-" before he could complete his sentence the door to the connectors suddenly flew open with a loud bang and a flood of students rushed into the first year's tower while chanting "1st years!" "Where are the 1st years!?" "Gotta get the best years!?"

And before he knew it, a large bull-like demon was above him, ready to grab him. Luckily, Izuku's Danger Sense kicked in, and he dodged the senior, causing him to slam his face to the ground which then attracted everyone's attention to him.

"Hey, look! It's the honor student!" "He's the one who fought Azazel to a draw!" "He's already ranked GIMMEL (3rd)!" "Get him!" "Grab him!" "He's ours for the taking!" they said and started running towards him.

"Nope, I'm out," Izuku said as he released a huge amount of smoke into the main hall, using his Smokescreen to obstruct everyone's vision. "Hey, what's up with this smoke?" "I can't see anything!" "Hey, stop hitting me, you assholes!"

Meanwhile, taking advantage of the commotion, Izuku ran towards his classroom with all his might.

******

"What the hell was that!?" Izuku yelled while panting as soon as he entered the Misfit's classroom.

"Hey look, Midoriya is here," Shax said with a huge grin on his face, "so how was the Rookie Hunt?"

"It would have been much better if I knew what the hell is going on here," Izuku muttered as he took a water bottle that Clara offered him.

"See! I told you we should have warned him beforehand," Eiko glared at Alice.

"Yeah, we should have informed him but..." Alice nodded but then a smirk appeared on his face, "but where is fun in that."

Remembering Ameri's words from earlier, Izuku rolled his eyes. 'Of course, all these demons share the same brain cells when it comes to making someone's life miserable,' he thought to himself.