13.

The proud Jeon Jungkook was confusingly testing - with his arrogant confidence and his perfect face blended into one, constantly making her question the attraction. But this new friendly, vulnerable, funny, and slightly childish demeanour upped his personality by many good, skipped notches. Lisa isn't sure how long her cheeks have been pink, really, but the fluttering in her chest is constantly making her conscious of it.

He made her laugh so many times that she didn't even realize that it had been over 2 hours since they first sat for dinner. He looked so honest and helpless when he told her about the hardships he went through from when he was 14 years old. Every time she thought of Jeon Jungkook who had been pestering her earlier days here, the more she found their banters funnier rather than annoying.

It's beginning to sink in...this persona that more than half of the nation seems to love, is slowly stealing her heart back. Lisa was merely a fan before, and then she decided that she wasn't. But now - damn...now I'm falling even harder! Just 2 hours - how is that even possible?? He's really an amazing person when he's nice like this - no wonder people love him so much!

"Thank you, Taehyung-ssi..." He smiled politely when the guy picked up the plate from his side of the table. "So...about that day at the cliff..."

"Your answer first," She said, before clipping her lips together.

"A gentleman will ask the lady to go first but since I knocked that out of the park -" He grinned and she giggled. "Okay!" He took a deep breath and Lisa leans forward, sensing that it's something she should seriously pay attention to. "I haven't been well,"

Oh shit...it is something serious! "Haven't been well?"

He nods. "I got injured in my last big film. I was on a motorcycle stunt...from ten feet high, I was supposed to jump and land on the fixed padding but I missed it. Hit the concrete instead,"

"Oh shit!" She immediately clasped on her mouth for swearing. Thankfully, he chuckled.

"I always like how cute you look when you swear, Lily," Is it even necessary to flirt with me while telling me this tragic story?? Nevertheless, her cheeks blushed...again. "It didn't hurt as much then. I only felt the pain the next day. I thought it was just something minor...like a pulled-muscle or something, so I ignored it...all the way until filming ended,"

"No!! You didn't get anyone to check it out??"

"It was bearable...and we were on a tight schedule. It was in L.A and I didn't wanna trouble anyone. Jin hyung brought me to the specialist right after we got back to Korea and that's when I found out that my disc prolapsed, near to the nerves of my legs,"

She can't help her heavy-sounded gasp.

"So I had to cancel another film I signed up for...and I'm not able to take on any action movies until I get it all healed,"

"Can't you get a stunt-double to do those things?"

"Lily..." She didn't know why it gets the butterflies in a frenzy every time he calls her that. Not like he's the first to call me 'Lily'! "I can't even sprint now. I can jog...but I can't speed. The pain is sharp and no director would wanna put up with it. It takes up too much of their time,"

"Aren't there like a...like a surgery or something?"

"There is and I've done it. But it doesn't heal immediately - I'm still undergoing physiotherapy,"

"That's...that's horrible - Jungkook! I can't imagine - I really can't -"

He smiled - why is he smiling?? She looks down, onto the table, and saw that her right hand had somehow leaned itself forward - as if she's trying to reach out to him. Lisa was about to pull it back but he took it into his own, rubbing his thumb on her skin as if it's her who needed consoling. The simple touch sends tingles all across her body but Lisa pretends that she's unaffected by it.