Dorm Room Dating

Me? Remembering to update this story when I post it on AO3? More unlikely than you'd think! Sorry for the wait!

Chapter Trigger Warnings: cuts/blood, a tiny little bit of ableism/ableistic language still

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Grian sighed softly to himself, brushing his hands down the front of his hoodie. Had to look presentable for his soulmate.

Well, at least as presentable as he could be on a Saturday, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants.

Grian raised his hand to the door in front of him and then froze. He dropped his hand. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and checked the text.

"Dorm 226, just knock when you get here."

Grian glanced up at the door in front of him.

Dorm 226.

God, why was he so nervous?

Grian raised his hand again, hesitating for a moment before letting out a deep breath and knocking.

"I'm coming!" He heard a voice call from inside. Well, at least that was familiar. It didn't sound like he was at the wrong dorm.

Thirty seconds later, the dorm room door opened and Grian gazed down at Scar.

Scar was sitting in his wheelchair, pushing himself back enough so he could open the door more for Grian. He was wearing just a simple tan t-shirt, blue jeans, and black socks. His hair was fairly messy and Grian found himself once again gazing at the way his scars curved over his cheeks and jaw. The way the stubble on his cheek parted and so perfectly outlined the scar on his jaw. His lips, so soft and-

"So.. are you going to come in or are we just standing in the hall?"

Grian snapped out of his thoughts as Scar spoke, blinking a few times to reorient himself.

"Sorry.." Grian mumbled as he stepped into the dorm. He kicked off his converse right by the door, but made sure they were well out of the way so Scar wouldn't roll over them.

"Well, welcome to my humble dorm. There's not much and it's kinda messy, but it's comfortable." Scar spoke, gesturing around the apartment.

Grian gazed around the dorm. Scar had a small table with a tv sat up against one wall with a small couch piled with several pillows and blankets sitting across from it. Tucked behind the couch, against one of the corners, was a desk with a computer set up on it, the home screen for Minecraft on the monitor. Across the room from the two was his small kitchen and a dining table with two chairs and an open side. And just between the tv and his kitchen table was a closed door that presumably went to his bedroom and bathroom.

"Definitely cleaner than Tango's side of our dorm." Grian laughed softly as he stepped further into the living room area.

Scar chuckled softly as he followed after Grian, rolling up next to the couch.

"Well, uh, make yourself comfortable. There isn't really much to do here." Scar spoke softly, awkwardly rubbing a hand on the back of his neck.

"Thank you.." Grian nodded as he took a seat on the couch, adjusting some of the blankets slightly.

"Oh, yeah, feel free to move those around as you need. I just use them for support whenever I sit there." Scar shrugged, folding his hands in his lap.

"Oh!" Grian bit his lip as he realized he had just sat down without asking, "Did you want to sit here?"

"Nah, nah, it's fine." Scar waved him off with one hand, "It's just for when I get tired of sitting here." Scar explained with a soft laugh, patting his hands on his wheelchair.