chapter one.

"We're gonna get in so much trouble," I laughed, biting into my donut.

"They don't need us anyways," Tony waved at me reassuringly, pulling another one from the bag.

"You know what, you're right. They've got Natasha, Clint, Bruce, Steve, Hill-" I listed, counting on my powdered fingers.

"I get it," Tony rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Uh, I wasn't done! I didn't get to mention Coulson," I exclaimed. Coulson had to be one of my favorite agents, not counting Natasha and Clint.

"Let's hope Fury doesn't find out we snuck out. He'll be upset-"

"You're gonna jinx it!"

"Tess, there's no such thing as jinxing-"

"Starks, get your asses down here now!" We heard a familiar voice come from below.

We shared a look before we peeked over the edge of the roof to see Director Fury, who looked annoyed, and Agent Coulson.

"Oops," Tony muttered.

We made our way to the ladder that was strapped onto the side of the building and climbed down, Tony letting me go first.

"Tessa," Fury approached me, "I need you to do something for me."

"Okay," I motioned for him to continue.

"I need you to speak with Thor. He says it's urgent, and something about Asgard er... or something like that." He told me.

"Asgard? That's the planet he's from, right? What does that have to do with me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's... complicated. He'll explain everything," Coulson butted in.

I moved my eyes back and forth between the two of them, before Tony stepped forward and put a hand on my shoulder.

"What is it?"

"Tessa, we'll give you a head start towards Stark Tower. Agent Hill will be waiting for you on the roof to help you onto a helicopter that will take you to the Helicarrier. Stark, we'll get you caught up," Fury insisted.

"Alright," I muttered, walking away.

"About Tessa... We discovered something about her that... you might want to prepare yourself," Fury whispered to him as they followed yards behind me.

Wait, how can I hear them from here?

Oh well. I decided to walk faster, not wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation.

I'll find out what's going on from Thor.

A few minutes later, I approached the entrance of Stark Tower. I made my way up to the roof thanks to the elevator and was greeted by Agent Hill, who helped me onto the helicopter.

"Thanks," I smiled at her. She gave me a small smile, nodded at the driver, and closed the door behind me.

* * *

I punched in the passcode to the lab and opened the door to see Bruce drawing on a transparent board and Thor standing next to a table, glaring at nothing.

"Hey Bruce," I smiled, stepping into the room.

"Hey Tessa," He whirled around, removing the pen he was biting on from his mouth. He gave me a bright smile as he approached me, but then his face suddenly dropped. "Good luck."

"Wha-?" I said as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

I glanced over to Thor to see him rubbing his eyes and face with both hands.