chapter two.

"What did you just call me?"

He started to walk to his left, trying to gain on me. I went to my left as well, trying to keep my distance.

"I've heard about you. The girl who was cast from Asgard because of how powerful she is? I guess that makes two of us," he smirked, folding his hands behind his back.

"No one ever said I was an outcast," I said, crossing my hands over my chest.

"Yes, well, everyone thinks that, Azeli."

I felt a pang. Did Natasha think I was an outcast? Bruce? What if Tony thought it too? Or Steve?

Breathe, Tessa.

I didn't raise my right foot enough so I stumbled forward. He watched as I tried to compose myself and smiled. He hummed in approval.

"I knew that would get you."

"I'm not an outcast," I told him, "All that happened was I was sent to Earth. Big deal."

"You're right. It is a big deal," he nodded at me.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before I broke the silence.

"What did you mean by 'that makes two of us'?"

"If it hadn't have been for my mother, my father would have casted me out as a child as well," Loki admitted.

I bit my bottom lip.

"My entire life, I felt unloved," he started, dipping his head down to stare at the floor as he talked. He started to pace. "I was mistreated and underestimated. Thor was always my superior. Which caused me to feel nothing but anger. Towards everyone."

"Why?" I couldn't help but ask.

He chuckled, looking up to me. "I'll tell you what I have always told Thor. I am tired of living in his shadow. I am tired of everyone thinking Thor is the rightful heir when it should be me!" He shouted, inhaling sharply through his nose and closing his eyes.

"But you see, the thing is, everyone thinks that I'm just the villain. That I want unlimited power to myself. That may be true, but I didn't used to be like this. But it all changed when Thor came here, to your planet."

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'll tell you one thing," he said. "I did everything in my power to show your people that I am better than him. But... they wanted a hero, which I am not. So I figured, if I can't rule in my own realm, I will overcome yours."

"What made you think that?"

"I-wait," he interrupted himself, "What makes you think I'll tell you everything? I'm trying to manipulate you."

"Well, you've already started. You can't just not finish something."

"Who says I can't?"

I sighed, figuring this conversation was over.

"Why are you here? And... how did you hear about me?"

"I'm here for you," he scowled at me.

"But... why? I have nothing you want." I admitted.

"That's where you're wrong," he cocked his head to the side. "You really don't know anything about the power you hold?"

"All I know is what you've told me."

"Well then the rest is for me to know and you to find out," he smirked.

I threw my arms up in exasperation. "So what, then? What's your plan? Kidnap me?"