chapter three.

"Tessa?" I heard a voice echo in my thoughts. I realized I was zoned out, so I quickly blinked to focus on whoever was talking to me.

"Yeah?" I replied, seeing it was Thor who was addressing me.

"How did you manage to get Loki in the cage?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I dragged him in-"

"You couldn't have. When he's defenseless, his body radiates an aura strong enough to cause agonizing pain to anyone who tries to touch him," Thor said.

A few seconds ticked by as I tried to come up with an explanation, but I couldn't think of anything.

"I... don't know..." I trailed off.

"Maybe she shielded herself against him again," Tony suggested.

"So what does that mean, then? I'm a shield?" I asked, looking around.

"I couldn't say. But we also don't have time to figure it out. Your powers should reveal themselves soon enough. We need to figure out what Loki was here for," Thor said.

I reached into my back pocket and felt the small velvet box Steve had given me about an hour ago. I snuck a glance at him and made a mental note to open it soon, but reached into my other pocket to pull out the tape recorder.

I threw it on the table and clicked the play button.

Thor, Steve, and Tony all listened to the ten minute conversation between me and Loki, and when it clicked off, Thor just nodded while Tony looked upset.

"I need to speak with him," Thor said.

"Okay," I said. "I'll come with you."

"No!" Steve and Tony said in unison.

Thor and I gave them a weird look.

"Stark, he might have some answers Tessa is looking for," Thor tried to reason.

"Do you two plan on asking Fury first?" Steve asked. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What rule are we breaking?" I asked.

"Well now that he's captured, Fury needs to know these things-" Steve started, but I interrupted him.

"Fury didn't capture him, I did." I said.

"It's Fury's ship and he designed that cage. So I think that makes it his business." Steve raised his hands.

I scoffed. "Well... he already knows that Loki's captured, and I should at least get some credit for being the one to do it. Therefore I should get a favor."

"To be fair, all you did was shield yourself. He technically knocked himself out," Steve argued.

"Why are we even arguing about this?" I blurted, scratching the back of my head.

"I just don't think it's a good idea," Steve admitted.

"Well, thanks for your concern, really, but you're not the one who's just learned they're basically an alien. And that man may or may not have the answers I want, so... I don't really think this has anything to do with you," I crossed my arms.

"Then it's settled," Thor boomed, standing up. "Lead the way."

I stood up as well and gave Steve a look as I walked out of the room with Thor.

Tony fought back a smile.

As Thor and I made our way through the halls, I couldn't help but feel anxious.

This was beginning to be too much for me at once.

Learning that I was born on another planet, sent to Earth because invisibility is just too much power to hold I guess, getting chased down by a god who tells you that he wants to kidnap you, and finding out that I have powers.