chapter four.

My hand felt heavier than usual as I reached for the door handle.

Everything I knew about Loki came flooding to the surface and I retracted my hand, having second thoughts. My hand dropped to my thigh, and I swear I could feel a buzz of electricity coming from my hand, making my thigh tingle.

I could feel my blood going cold with anxiety, so I took a deep breath. I can do this. I've always wanted to know, and here's my chance, and I'm going to blow it because I'm too scared?

I sighed, swaying and staring at the floor, trying to gather my thoughts.

I tried to plan out the conversation so that I would be in control throughout, but it was hard because I just know Loki is going to trip me up.

And I also can't forget the possibility that he could hurt me.

I can't accept the fact that he wants my powers. Or power. I don't know if there's a difference. He is a god, with his own abilities. What does he want from me?

Obviously more.

So does he really plan on trying to take over Earth again? Or what if he wants to go all out, and try to take over Asgard and his father? And he would use me to do it.

I can't keep making these assumptions, but I'm scared of what he'll say. What if I... what if I start to agree with him? What if he's right, and he actually talks me into helping him?

Well, I guess that's where my self control will come in. I just have to keep a clear head, and know where I stand and what I stand for.

I quickly opened the door and stepped in, my heart skipping a beat.

The air pushed my hair off my shoulders again, and the sweat on the back of my neck made me shiver.

I took a hair tie that was on my wrist and tied my hair up into a ponytail. I refused to make eye contact with Loki until I was standing in front of the control panel.

I looked up to see him sitting on a bench at the back of the room, looking bored. His mouth twitched as he stood up and made his way over to me.

I got goosebumps as he stalked forwards, never breaking eye contact.

Finally, he stood right across from me, his hands behind his back, and he smirked lightly. He must've been waiting for me to say something, but my mind went blank.

"Look,-" I started, but he cut me off.

"What do you wish to know?"

"Well, first things first, I was wondering if you're the one messing with the cameras?" I asked, motioning around the room.

Loki nodded. "Yes. I was hoping it would get your attention. I want to talk to you."

"Oh," I stuttered out, "well, then I guess let's... talk," I said nervously.

"Again, what do you want to know?" He offered, smiling at me.

I stared at him for a few seconds, getting distracted. He really was handsome. And he was very... poised.

I shook my head, embarrassed. I hope he didn't notice.

"It's pretty obvious, I think," I whispered.

"It is," he played along, trying not to smile.

"Well, then... why?" I demanded, my eyebrows furrowing together.

"The thing that I could do with the power that surges through you," he whispered, looking down to my hands.

I self-consciously put them behind my back, but my stomach flipped. Why did that give me butterflies?