chapter seven.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him quickly.

Loki shrugged.

I started to feel anxious and even a little angry. "You said you'd give me some answers."

"If a Frost Giant appeared out of nowhere, we should probably get going," Loki said, turning around and taking a step forward.

I materialized in front of him. "Tell me," I demanded.

"I'm just saying. The Frost Giants aren't able to jump through realms as they please. If one came here, specifically for you, then my best guess would be someone sent them for you. The only person I could think of would be your mother."

"So she's alive?" I asked.

"Very much so," Loki answered.

"How do you know all of this?" I questioned.

Loki winced. "I just do, okay?"

I stared at him, thinking. My biological mother is alive, and sent a monster to... I don't know. Bring me to her? Kill me? She doesn't even know me. She can't. I don't know anything about her either, but I'd like to assume she isn't so heartless as to kill her own daughter. Right?

I've never experienced anything like this when I was young. This just happened after I found out about my heritage. So, maybe this has something to do with my powers.

But what does this mean... does she want them for herself? Does she want my help?

It's a long shot, but Loki said I was very powerful. He was shocked when I had no idea how powerful I really am. So, am I... more powerful than my mother?

"Can I go?" Loki asked, looking annoyed. I blinked myself out of my thoughts and shook my head.

"No."

Loki groaned, sliding a hand down his face.

"Why did you actually come to Earth?" I asked him.

"I told you. I want to see everything I can before I rot in chains for the rest of my life," Loki said.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" I questioned further.

"Yes, Azeli," he huffed.

I cringed at my new name, but I didn't believe him.

"Aren't there, like, nine different plants you could go to instead of Earth? It's pretty boring here," I told him.

Loki shook his head. "I've been to most of them. But I like Midgard. It's... different. And you humans are intriguing."

I scrunched up my nose. "I don't think I belong in the 'human' category anymore."

Loki smiled. "You're right. My apologies."

"So," I started awkwardly after a few moments of silence, "I'd really like to know more. Can we go to my apartment and talk? It's kind of chilly out here."

Loki raised an eyebrow. "I guess you forgot the part where I said the longer I spend around you, the more tempted I am to change my mind?"

I smirked. "I think I can protect myself from you. I did before."

Loki's eyes narrowed.

"So you're really going to just wander around town? Wait for the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. to pick you up? You'll just spend the rest of your time here in a cage, which kind of defeats the purpose of coming here at all," I tried.

"You just don't want to get in trouble," Loki said, crossing his arms.

"Well, that, and I really do want some more answers," I said.