A Cold Reception

The Grand Hall is what its name states, the room itself could fit a whole village of people here. The rows of seats are decorated in lush plants from which we're grown from Echidna's land. Even the hall has vines coming down the ceiling in an almost curtain-like way. It was beautiful and should set a warm inviting atmosphere in the room.

But unfortunately all Shadow could feel is cold stares and unwelcoming air in the room. On one side we're the people of the emerald kingdom and clearly have been in battle. Missing limbs, bandage heads and dead empty stares. On the other side there are some citizens of the Black Arms kingdom that were practically the same but others close to his father's guard were giving him shit eating grins. The only one that showed any sympathy was his younger half brother Eclipses who gave a small wave. If he could he would give a smile but couldn't since father was watching him with fiery cold eyes.

Soft music began to play as Shadow steadily made his way down the aisle. He kept his head up and eyes locked straight spotting his soon to be mate. No one stood up except the two kings. While his father didn't show anything but cold unloving air around him, his mate father shows the opposite which is strange to Shadow. His face was covered by a golden mask and around him was an air of warm protection and strength. If Shadow faced this person in battle he would surely give him a tough fight. The warm felt.... foreign he never felt anything like it and that made him feel....bitter? angry? lost? No he has to shake those thoughts away. Emotions are pointless for a tool like him and it is best to toss them away and lock it all down.

Shadow has now made it to the end towards his mate and was now face to face with the prince who is giving the same cold feel to him yet Shadow caught a bit of fire to those purple eyes that shows a warrior spirit. Shadow stared back showing through his eyes his own unrelenting fighting fire and that seemed to catch the echidna by surprise but was quick to recover and glare at him. 'heh didn't expect that did you.' Shadow thought victoriously as the priest then commanded to join hands in this joyous union together. I held out my hands and the prince reluctantly did the same as he held my hands and with that the ceremony began and through the whole day even as refreshments were given and people congratulated us on our marriage the atmosphere didn't change it was the same as when it began..... lonely and cold.