Chapters 5: Lauren

Setting: Doyle's van in the middle of nowhere

Emily's POV:

"Wake up! Come on get up!" I hear Doyle say as I feel nothing but pain in my ribs. I feel him kicking me to get up and try to get up best I can so he will stop. I notice I have tape around my mouth and bound at my feet and hands. I look around as he is screaming at me about who knows what. He slaps me across the face causing me to fall back on the floor of what looks like a van we're in. Doyle starts kicking me to get back up which I try to do but am too weak. Clearly he sees this and grabs me by my shirt and pulls me up to sit against the wall. I feel so sleepy and I try to fight it but I couldn't anymore. I start to lose consciousness.

Derek's POV:

"I found an abandoned warehouse about 20 minutes from you guys fitting everything you gave me. I just sent the address to you all now go get our girl and bring her home."
"Okay thanks baby girl." I say as I'm hauling ass in the SUV to the address Garcia just sent us.

About 15 minutes later

We've got SWAT with us ready to go in. "Remember Agent Prentiss is the only friendly in the building. Our only advantage is stealth as soon as Doyle is alerted they will kill her. Now let's go!" I say to SWAT explaining the plan.
One of the SWAT officers uses a pry bar to break the door down. I lead them through there were a few of Doyle's men throughout the warehouse.
We checked the whole place and no signs of Doyle or Prentiss.
I hear Hotch of my walkie say," Guys come to the back you need to see this." I come running to the back in hope it was Emily.
As I got there I see a chair with rope and a pair of cuffs, right next to it was a few drops of blood. "Emily was here, Doyle must have took her and ran. We were too late." Hotch says as he puts his head down in guilt.

———
We're back at the BAU trying to figure out Doyle's plan. I walk to Garcias office knowing she is probably in need a pep talk. I know how emotional she gets about us getting hurt in the field and she is going out of her mind right now trying to find Prentiss.
"Knock knock" I say knocking on her door as I open it.
"Hey Derek," she sighs.
"Hey Mamas, how are you doing!" I ask.
"Ask me again when we find her," she says still starring at her screens while typing.
"Hey look at me," I say to her.
She turns around and looks up at me with teary eyes and frown across her gorgeous face. It hurts me to see her like this, but I know why and I don't blame her. I can't imagine having to sit behind a screen watching her friends get hurt or kidnapped and there is nothing she can do to stop that from happening.
"Baby talk to me," I say in a soft tone.
"They found some sort of giant branding machine in the room where she was held that means that he, he-"
"Hey hey hey... shhh don't have to think about that. We just need to focus on how to find her." I say before she gets herself too worked up. I know how overwhelming this can be but we have to focus on finding her.
" I know Derek, but I just can't. I can't stop thinking about how he is hurting her right know and how scared she must be. She took that fight to Doyle because of us. She was protecting us and because of that she might die." She says starting to cry.
I hug her tight for a couple of minutes before I leave knowing the team is probably wondering where I went by now.
" Hey where have you been?" Reid asked
"I was just checking on Garcia," I reply.
"How's she holding up?" He asked.
"She's stressed and worried understandably," I say. He nods and turns back to the team.

Garcias POV:

I know I shouldn't think about what kind of horrible things Emily is going through right now but I can't help it. We know that Doyle is doing all of this through rage which makes it even worse. Who knows what his plans are with Emily. We already know he branded her using that disgusting machine. I can't even imagine how much that hurt. I know this sounds horrible but I'm glad he didn't just decide to kill her, but keep her instead, at least she has a chance and gives us hope that we can still find her alive. We just have to keep searching for anyplace Doyle might go. I call Hotch to tell him I put up roadblocks on every boarder so they can't flee the country.

Next chapter might be a little boring and shorter but get ready for the one after😉🫶