Chapter Twenty Five

"Oh Valentina! You look GORGEOUS!" Her mother beamed when Valentina came out in her third wedding dress.

"Thanks mom." Valentina states before smiling softly at her through the mirror. Valentina stood up on the pedestal and admired the dress in the mirror, not feeling this one as well. It was a beautiful strapless lace dress with a sweetheart neckline, but it didn't totally just wow her. Valentina need something with a little bit more wow to take Billy's breath away.

Valentina and Amber made it a girls trip to the wedding salon to try on dresses, but for some reason Valentina wasn't feeling it. Although Billy and Zander were at the front of the store, and couldn't see what was going on, Valentina was starting to feel overwhelmed.

Maybe because Thanksgiving and Christmas were right around the corner and there was still a lot to do, but this was a top priority. It needed to be done.

"How are we feeling about this one?" The stylist Margret asked Valentina.

"I don't hate it, but I don't love it," Valentina turns to the right side to get a side view before turning to the left. "I'm missing the wow factor. I love that it's form fitted and mermaid, its' just not my dress."

"Is there anything you don't want?"

Valentina thought for a moment. "I don't want a dramatic bottom, or anything too poofy to where I look like a wedding cake toper. I don't mind trying something different, a different style if you think mermaid doesn't look right."

"It's your wedding day. You should stick with what you like, but I am more than happy to pick something with a different skirt? Maybe a slight ballgown or a line?" The stylist suggest.

"Whatever you think," Valentina steps down and follows the stylist back to the dressing room.

She helps unzip Valentina and hangs up the dress. "Give me a minute, I'm going to call my fiancé."

"Of course," The wedding stylist steps out of the dressing room.

Valentina grabs her phone out of her purse and calls Billy, who picks up on the second ring. "Hello darling," Billy's accent warming her soul and putting her at ease. "What's going on?"

"I'm not feeling any of these dresses I've tried on so far and I want it to be something we both love." Valentina sighs.

"Valentina Rose Rogers listen to me alright? I do not care what kind of dress you wear. It should be what you want, what you love, because I'm going to love it regardless. Whatever you pick, whatever your heart desires, I know I'm going to love it," Billy reassures her. "Take me out of the equation alright and think what do I Valentina Rogers feel the most gorgeous in, and go from there."

Valentina breathes out. "What would I do without you?"

"Believe me I don't want to find out. Have fun darling. I love you."

Valentina smiles. "I love you too."

Margret knocks on the door. "Ready to keep going?"

Valentina took a deep breath. "Ready!" Valentina opened the door and Margret brought in a few more selections.

"They're in the same family of the dresses you've tried on, and I feel pretty good about these four." Margret sounds excited.

Valentina giggles. "Let's try them on! And I love your enthusiasm."

Valentina slipped on the next dress and when she turned around, she knew. Tears welled in her eyes, she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. It was absolutely stunning. The dress was a lace, mermaid style, with a long dramatic train with a sweetheart neckline with spaghetti straps.