Chapter Thirty One

Sleep engulfed Billy quickly once his head hit the pillow, absolutely exhausted from the wedding, the reception and ravishing his wife. Their next chapter in their married life was just mere hours away: the honeymoon and truth be told, Billy was excited. They haven't had an actual vacation just the two of them, not counting Norway, Amsterdam, his 30th and the Hampton's for the Forth of July. Actually, Billy would count his 30th and the Fourth of July.

When sunlight streamed in the room through the smallest of cracks, Billy was the first one up. Rolling over to face his wife, Billy admired how beautiful she looked in the morning sunlight. Her brown hair was in a messy disarray all over the pillow from last nights escapade, her skin show no signs of stress after finally walking down the isle. Valentina looked like heaven on Earth to Billy. Correction, she was heaven on Earth.

Ever fiber in his being told him to get up since the sun was up, something he wasn't able to shake since his military days. Trying has hard as he might, Billy allowed himself to relax and stay in bed, propping himself up against the headboard, even if it meant going against the norm.

"I can hear those gear shifting Russo." Valentina says suddenly snapping him out of his daydream.

"Forgive me love," Billy apologizes. "It's difficult to fight every fiber of my being, what you've been trained and conditioned to do, when all I want to do is be lazy."

Valentina opened her eyes and when she looked at Billy, his heart nearly burst through his chest. This was more than he could ever dream of and now he no longer had to worry about his dream slipping through his fingers. Thank you Michael the Therapist.

"What?" Valentina giggles nervously.

Billy shook his head. "I just...can't believe this is real and not happening happening inside my head."

"Of course it's happening inside your head Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it is not real?" Valentina quotes Dumbledore before bursting into laughter, causing Billy to join her.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" Billy wonders.

"Today? This would be the first," Valentina replies after her laughter calmed down.

"Well, I love you. Always have, always will." Billy coos before leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

Valentina's eyes fluttered shut and sighed in content. "So, where are we jetting off to?" Valentina wondered.

"No where just yet, I just want to enjoy this moment with you." Billy admits as Valentina sits up, dragging the sheet to cover her bare body.

"Last night was..." Valentina trails off.

"Yes?" Billy wonders what she was thinking.

"Unbelievable. I mean...riding your thigh wasn't something I thought of, but when I did it, Oh. My. God."

Billy laughed. "Had to get creative since we are with child now," Billy states as he stretches. "I do have a plan for our honeymoon love, but if you'd rather stay here and vacation at the Hampton's that's fine as well."

Valentina shook her head. "Whatever you have planned is fine with me."

"I was thinking some place...tropical. A beach just you and me." Billy sighs dreamily, kissing her head. "How does that sound?"

"Fantastical!"

Billy chuckles moving to settle himself between his wife's legs as Valentina played with his hair. "Fantastical huh?" He wonders, trailing his fingers across her lower abdomen as he spoke.

Valentina's breath began to hitch. "B-Billy."

"Hm. Did you want something?" Billy questions playfully.