Haerin - Winter Cabin

Written : 23/02/05
words: 700? Im not sure ngl
gn!reader

Written : 23/02/05words: 700? Im not sure nglgn!reader

Haerin stood in the snow, waiting for you. You saw her frame placed in front of the modest wood cabin. You enjoyed your walk there. Your cabin was beautifully placed atop a secondary peak of a snow mountain. Right across an ice patch big enough for you two to skate on. The snow was untouched, around 7 inches in height and it was hard to walk plainly with boots. Only yours' and Haerin's steps disturbed the snow that twinkled under the shine of the moon. There was no pollution, the air was refreshing, the empty sounds of the wind coupled with the occasional crunch of snow was calming, and the moon was so much brighter here.

"Hurry up, I'm cold!" She screamed a bit further from you. You had somehow persuaded the Kang Haerin to come along with you up here. Knowing how much she liked to stay home, you were shocked to hear her say "yea, sure I can go." You were so surprised, you pinched her cheek to find out if someone had tweeked her settings. You remember vividly how she yelped and screamed "Ya!" and put her hands on your head and shook you.

"Yeah that's Haerin."

"Yes I AM Haerin yn, you idiot."

———————————
Haerin being her introverted self, she had wanted to go back inside the cabin after a big journey getting up here. You agreed since it was enough for you to get a chance to walk with her peacefully. Although there was one last thing you wanted to show her. The upcoming natural light show. No matter how hard it would be to bring her back outside, you were determined to show her something special.

"I'm coming!"

You eventually reached the cabin and unlocked the door. You grabbed the handle and let her in before yourself. The cold breeze was unbearable as it slipped in. You quickly dashed to the fireplace, lighting it with multiple attempts to use a match. You got it though and you both huddled around it.

"This place is very nice." She spoke softly, her voice was clear and lulling. You were glad that you got her to say something about it. Haerin would usually keep her opinions to herself, leaving you to decipher her facial expressions to find out if she liked it or not. But god she was so pretty, deciphering her gave another moment to see her beauty and look at her. And that's exactly what you were doing now. She smiled looking at the campfire, you took a peak at her. You glanced to her squatting down next to you and she turned her head to you. She was still smiling and your heart skipped a beat.

"Well, I still have something else to show you later but you're gonna have to go back out."

"What."

And just like that you two were back out. She wore an obvious frown on her face and avoided looking at you.

"It's going to be worth it." You assured. You took her hand and directed her towards the ice patch. It took a lot longer than you thought walking towards the chairs that were setup earlier and unfortunately, the show had started prematurely. It was beautiful though and unreal was the only thing you voiced.

It was quite unreal. The way the green flares scattered all the way around the sky, they were huge aerial sheets of light waving across your view. You two were right in the middle of it. Tints of green bled into your surroundings and the reflections of the ice englobed you in it. You took your phone out, recording. You spun around, making sure to capture all of it. It felt like a Christmas light show as the snow blinked green. It was night and the sky itself was dark, bejewelled by gleaming stars. Which under was the layer of aurora that would leave anyone speechless. You looked through your phone to see how it looked on it, scanning the environment and you stumbled onto Haerin's face. Her mouth was wide open. It was obvious that she was amazed, no need for decipher work today.

As it came to an end, her emotions took a complete 180 from a few moments before. She rotated towards you dramatically.

"This was amazing yn, thank you for showing me this. I'm sorry for earlier." You rushed into her and hugged her.

"It's okay, I'm just happy you came along here to see this with me. Together."

I'm tryna switch to a different account cause this is a little weird writing on my mom's account lul