Chapter 2: tears

Lucy's POV 

It's been hours since we defeated Fake Stash Face and still no  sign of the spirits. I get more and more worried by the second. I've just been sitting on the ground and staring into the abyss, hoping and praying they will somehow manage to just come out of no where.

Then all of a sudden, I see shadows in the distance, slowly approaching. I got up and started running towards it. It has to be them, I thought, it just has to be.

The objects became more clearer, I start slowing down. Next thing I know, I'm in front of a lifeless body just staring at me. I fall to the ground and look closer, and its Loke. I gasp and place my hand over my mouth. I look past him and see the rest of my spirits dead, their eyes all glued on me. I feel a hand grab my arm, I look down and I see it's Loke.

"Lucy"

I scream.

 "Lucy... Lucy!!! Wake up" I open my eyes to see Natsu looking down at me, shaking me senseless. I sit up and feel the tears stream down my face. I look around and the bodies were gone.

It was all a dream...

My gaze met back to him, concern and worried was written all over his face "It was just a dream, your okay" I quickly wrap my arms around his neck, holding him close. "It was terrible Natsu, they were all dead" Just thinking back to the dream, tears pooled in my eyes. He rubbed my back softly "Don't worry, it was just a dream, I'm here now" I pull away and stare into his eyes. I immediately felt a rush of calmness wash over me. His thumb caressed my cheek, wiping away the tear that slipped from my eye.

 "ill protect you"  

I slowly nod, leaning back into his chest and slowly slipping off into sleep once again.