Chapter 3

A cloth was over my mouth in seconds, as panic filled my thoughts. By accident, this caused me to breathe in a big gulp of air, only to be greeted with a sweet aroma.

The man's chilling smirk was the last thing I saw before darkness claimed me.

*****

I stepped into the house after a long day's work. I lugged my school bag in my right arm, juggling groceries with the other. The house was dark as usual. 'Something is growing here I swear', I thought, my nose wrinkling at the stench emanating from what I called my home.

I laid the groceries on the kitchen countertop, making sure not to make any noise. I looked around before quietly tip-toeing up the stairs to my bedroom. Or at least I wish I was that lucky.

Right as I reached the top of the staircase, his voice boomed through the house.

"Get your stupid ass to the store and bring me some whiskey," my step-dad growled.

I froze, fear coursing through my body. I immediately cowered back.

"I've already been to the store today. Would it be okay if I went tomorrow?" I asked in a meek voice. I hated sounding so weak and pathetic. But I couldn't help it.

My thoughts suddenly ceased when his rough hands made contact with my cheek. I swung to the side, bracing the walls for impact. Tears immediately clouded my eyes.

"SHUT UP YOU LAZY WHORE!" he screamed. He suddenly yanked my hair, causing me to yelp. This seemed to anger him more. He always wanted me to be quiet and take it.

Panic rose as I felt what was coming next. I tried to plead with him through unshed tears, but only saw darkness and fury in his eyes.

I felt a swift kick to my stomach. With my breath knocked out of my lungs, I gasped as I tumbled down the stairs. My bruised body crumpled at the bottom, and I tried to focus on my breathing.
While I had been distracted, he made his way down the stairs. He dragged me by my hair to the door. I was crying now, but knew that screaming or fighting was useless. I was thrown into the grimy sidewalk, now dark outside. I felt something drop on me. Money, I checked. The door slammed shut.

The street was eerily quiet. We had no neighbors, as most of the houses on this street were abandoned.

Still shaking, I tried to pick myself off the ground. I picked up the crumpled and scattered bills around me, and wiped my tear-filled eyes. I trudged through the darkness.

I saw my reflection through the broken glass window of one of the houses. The dim streetlamps reflected off of my dull eyes. My hair was matted, and tears made my whole face puffy. But overall, my face was hollow and lacked life.

I felt useless. Helpless. I was pathetic, unable to fight back. I knew then that I had to get out of here. Enough was enough. I wanted to be the strong and hopeful girl I once was, not this sad and broken stranger.

Bad Boy Saved Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें