Chapter 6

To be honest, I enjoyed my bath. I figured it would be a while before I could have another one, so I made it a point to stay as long as possible.

Besides, I was still puzzled at my kidnapper. My fear strangely died down, leaving just a bundle of exhaustion and nerves. I knew I needed to escape, but I also needed to be calm. The man seemed like he knew what he was doing.

As I dried myself with a towel, I scanned the room for any possible weapons. All I found was a razor, but I slipped it in my pocket.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom. I hesitated when I saw the guy sprawled out on the bed, with his arm casually leanig over his eyes. Wasn't I supposed to be watched and guarded? What kind of kidnapping is this?

As if he knew my thoughts, the man spoke, "I can handle you just fine. I wouldn't get too comfortable though. One wrong move, and I'll have to blow your brains out."

Cocky bastard. I rolled my eyes.

"What am I doing here? What do you want from me?" I questioned softly. I fixed my gaze to him with a glare, as he sat up.

"Hey! Don't blame me! I'm just the mail man. I need money too, you know," he admitted.

"Then who is after me?"

"You'll see," he spoke with a dark look. "Anyways, we're almost here. Just a few more hours on the road. You think you can behave?"

I nodded dumbly. Suspicion creeped over me. Why was he so calm?

He jumped up from the bed, and gathered a few duffel bags from the floor. He carried them effortlessly, though they looked like they weighed tons.

With his back turned, he walked towards the motel door. "You coming?" he asked as he glanced behind me. He pretty much knew I had no choice. I followed slowly behind him to the car. The lot was empty, and the whole motel building seemed eerily dark.

Opening the car door, he suddenly exclaimed, "Almost forgot! I left my razor upstairs. It's my only good one. Will you get it for me?"

Small panic settled in. I would play along, and maybe find an escape. I knew that I needed to keep away his suspicions, just in case I needed his trust. I nodded and started to walk back towards the dark building.

Suddenly, I felt someone grab me by the neck. My eyes widened at the man staring down at me. His hold wasn't enough to kill me, but enough to make my breath struggle.

"Hmm... come to think of it, I think you've already found it," he drawled as a wicked gleam shone in his eyes. He reached down to my pocket to retrieve the razor I had stolen earlier.

His hold tightened. I started seeing dark spots. My lips trembled and eyes teared as he brought the razor close to my face, almost like a caress.

"Such a shame... I thought I was beginning to like you. It was clever though, I admit. But come on! You wouldn't be naive enough to believe I would make it so easy for you?" He started to chuckle.

The razor dug a bit deeper, splitting the skin on my cheek. I flinched.

"I didn't wanna do this to you, I swear. But you're making this harder on yourself," he sneered with mock sincerity.

With that, his grip tightened, blocking my airway. As I black spots completely filled my vision, I felt the hand loosen. All I could hear was the thud before I was welcomed into open arms. I lost all consciousness.