Annabeth Chase x fem!reader

Background info: You are the daughter of Zeus, aka Thalia's sister. You are not a part of the Hunters tho bc I respect Artemis' rules, but Thalia is a part of the Hunters. You've basically known Annabeth since the beginning. You are both 15.

Fandom: Percy Jackson and The Olympians
Genre: Semi-Angst? Fluff
Pair: Annabeth Chase x female reader

-Y/n's pov-
Zeus what am I thinking...

Currently I'm standing at the end of the docks, looking out towards the sea. For a while now I have been thinking about telling my best friend, Annabeth, that I've had a crush on her. It's been a couple years since I realized I have had a crush on her... To be exact, it's been 2 years.

It's been really hard not trying to tell her sooner. But I knew she had feelings towards Percy, so I kinda hid them away, letting it eat me from the inside out. The moment I knew she didn't like me back was when she kissed him in Mount St. Helens. She said it was for good luck and then just left Percy and I there.

~Flashback~

Percy and I are hiding from the Telekhines and other monsters. We were separated so we weren't able to communicate with each other without whispering.

"Hey Y/n, do you have an idea on what to do?" Percy whispered as he peeked from his hiding spot.

"No, I don't... Zeus why did I follow you down here...?!" I quickly whispered back before hiding behind the rock more when a Telekhine appeared to my left.

I quickly grabbed my bow and grabbed an arrow from my quiver before turning to peek out of my spot. The soot and dirt on my face and hands made it a little bit easier to hide. I was about to peek around the corner before something grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

I quickly draw my arrow and face towards the thing behind me, only to see nothing. I quickly realize that Annabeth might've just helped me. And my guess was correct when she spoke up.

"Sorry, but a Telekhine was right there so I needed to make sure you didn't get caught." She whispered before I could hear her run off to where Percy was hiding.

At least she cares

I quietly look over the rock to see that the Telekhine was gone. I look to where Percy is, seeing him and Annabeth talking. They were too quiet so I couldn't tell what they were talking about. The smoke everywhere was making I hard to see as well.

Next thing I know, Annabeth kisses Percy. My eyes widen as I watch it happen. When they finish, they talk quickly before she puts the Yankees cap on and turns invisible, leaving both me and Percy wide eyed and speechless.

~Flashback end~

After that Percy and I got caught, got burned by molten lava, and made it to Calypso's Island. While we were there I became more distant with Percy, but I was able to talk to Calypso. I told Percy that I had a crush on Annabeth, he said that he didn't and would keep the conversation a secret. But I realize that he might've lied about him not having a crush on Annabeth.

Like I said before Calypso and I talked, and we honestly talked a lot while Percy was out cold.

~Flashback~

"So do you have anyone you like?" Calypso asked as she finished checking up on Percy. I open my mouth to say something before stopping and looking towards Percy.

"I do, but I'm sure they don't like me back."

Calypso looks towards Percy and raises an eyebrow questioningly.