Chapter 5: Surprising news

Sakura was eating at a table near Chaewon. She was close enough to hear their conversation, and shook her head at Yunjin's attempt to talk to Kazuha about reading.

Huh, you can do better than that.

When Kazuha left, and she heard Chaewon advise her about the confession, Sakura's frowned. She could see that Chaewon was hurt, but still thought about what her best friend felt first.

Yunjin, you idiot! Hurting Chaewon like that because you're a dense moron. Can't you see how kind-hearted Chaewon is? Do you know how lucky you are?

She snorted, and took another bite at her sandwich, frustrated about their ongoing conversation. Someone dumped a tray in front of her.

"So now you've decided to become a stalker?"

Sakura looked up and saw that it was Hyewon. She looked very unimpressed about her current situation.

"I'm not stalking, I'm simply observing."

"Sakura, that's still the same thing. I won't be surprised if Chaewon might later think you were some kind of creep." she whispered to her.

"Look, I'm not gonna follow her home or anything. I am still trying to see how I can get to know her more." Sakura said, sounding defensive.

"You know what normal people do? They talk to them. Why don't you do that instead?"

"Well, uhm. I'm...uh...kinda shy." she smiled and scratched her head. Hyewon rolled her eyes.

"The last person I would bet on being shy is you! You can just walk up to her and start a fucking conversation, like you do with other girls."

"I could, but I don't know what I would say."

Hyewon put both hands on her temples, she felt that a headache was on it's way.

"Sakura, you are like, one of the most confident people I know when it comes to picking up girls."

"Alright, alright, sheesh. I'll try later."

"You better do or I'm kicking your ass."

"As if you could."

"Watch me."

***

Kazuha had reached the student council office. She opened the door and saw that Yuri was already working on something. She sighed and went straight to her.

"Hey Yuri! I am so sorry! It slipped my mind that we were meeting today."

Yuri looked up and smiled at her, "It's okay, Zuha. I already started working on something the other night, so it's all good."

This was so typically Yuri. She and Kazuha have been the best of friends as long as she can remember, and both their families knew each other too. There was no doubt in Kazuha's mind that she was one of the nicest and kindest people she had ever met. Not only that, Yuri was a total stunner, and it wasn't surprising that a lot of people have been lining up to get her attention.

She felt guilty that she had forgotten all about their agreement due to a lot of things happening at their house.

"Still, I shouldn't have forgotten, I did make a promise to you."

"You are such a softie, Zuha. It's fine, really."

"But-"

"No buts. Come on and help me finish these instead."

Kazuha sighed and sat down. There was no point in arguing with Yuri once she set her mind to it. As she started to work with what Yuri was able to make, Kazuha noticed the wallpaper on her friend's lockscreen. She gasped.

"Unnie, isn't that Kang Hyewon on your lock screen?"

Yuri looked up and blushed furiously. She quickly hid her phone.

Kazuha eyed her suspiciously, "Why is she on your lockscreen? Care to explain?"

"I-it's nothing. Just don't mind it.", still blushing.

"Are you going out with her?"

"N-n-no!"

"Then why?"

"I-it's really nothing. Let's continue working."

Kazuha crossed her arms.

"Jo Yuri, you better explain or I'm not going to be happy about this." Kazuha stated, glaring at her.

Yuri looked at her and sighed.

"Okay, fine! Well, uhm, actually, we have been dating for awhile now."

Kazuha raised her eyebrow, "Elaborate "for awhile", Yuri."

"For about...2 months?"

"2 months?! How come you never told me this?"

"Well, I knew you wouldn't really approve of it, but I swear, I was just looking for the right time to tell you. I just didn't know how, because I knew you would be upset."

"Upset is an understatement. You know about the crowd that Hyewon hangs out with, and she's best friends with that Sakura."

"She's not so bad once you get to know her."

"She could be a bad influence on you and you might get into trouble. She could also be playing with you because you're now the Student Council President."

"Hyewon isn't like that."

"You never know, Yuri. Don't trust too easily."

"I don't, Zuha. She has proven time and again that I can trust her. Can you please give her a chance? Just get to know her."

"What? And be seen with her and Sakura?"

"Even Sakura isn't really bad. Look, I am your best friend. Can you please trust me on this?"

Kazuha looked at her, still mad.

"Please Zuha, this means a lot to me."

Kazuha exhaled. She didn't like this one bit, but her best friend was begging her.

"Fine. But if I find something wrong with her, I will not support you on this."

"Deal."

Kazuha had no choice but to go along with what Yuri wanted, for now.

***
Author's note: Double update guys! Hope you enjoy ❤️