Chapter 11: Can't take it back

Crap crap crap! Sakura thought to herself as she looked at Kazuha. She was completely shocked and taken aback by her confession and was blushing furiously.

She looked around and saw Yunjin, her mouth open, sporting an incredulous expression. Other people were just as surprised.

Yena and Eunbi were nearby, holding in their giggles and capturing the whole thing on their cellphones. She was going to kill them later.

Then behind Kazuha was Chaewon, looking at them in disbelief and awe.

Oh my God, I cannot take it back. This is too embarrassing! What the hell did I do in my past life to deserve this?

Sakura didn't want to embarrass Kazuha as well in front of other people. What was she going to do? This was a complete disaster. She wanted the earth to come up and swallow her whole or a dragon to swoop in and burn everything down. Anything, to save her from this predicament.

"Sakura? Oh my God!"

Kazuha had now let go of her hand.

Suddenly, someone had embraced her from behind and kissed her on the cheek. She turned around and looked at who it was and saw that it was her ex-girlfriend, Chaeyeon.

"You haven't called me in awhile. You must make it up to me! Don't leave a girl hanging!" she said hugging her again, tighter this time and squishing her cheeks with hers.

Chaeyeon then cupped her hands on Sakura's face.

Sakura was still in a state of shock that what was happening had barely registered with her.

Kazuha was now glaring at the both of them, and Sakura swore that she could see smoke coming out of her ears.

Kazuha went near her and slapped her hard on the face.

"Must be incredible to get all the girls you want huh?" she said, her eyes burning into hers like lava.

Then, Kazuha walked away with Chaewon following behind.

Yunjin had glared at her. If looks could kill, she'd be dead by now.

Chaeyeon then held her hand.

"Come on, let's get out of here."

***

Sakura was still silent when Chaeyeon parked her car into her garage.

"Are you coming in or would you rather sit there like a statue the whole time?"

Sakura looked at her and sighed, then opened the door to get out of the car.

They then went inside. Sakura noticed not much had really changed in the Lee household, especially the feeling of warmth and home.

"Make yourself comfortable. Mom and dad are on vacation and Chaeryeong is at Lia's house, so no one will bother us today."

Chaeyeon's parents loved Sakura and her company, and opened their doors to her despite her reputation, something she was still thankful for with them.

"I'll go make us some food. You can watch Netflix on TV or whatever you wanna do while I cook."

Sakura nodded as Chaeyeon made her way into the kitchen.

As Chaeyeon got busy, Sakura was replaying the incident in her head. How could she not recognize that it wasn't Chaewon all along?

"God! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" Sakura said out loud as she thumped her head with a pillow.

Now, Chaewon was going to think that she liked Kazuha and also think that she was a person who couldn't take commitment seriously.

That was just great. Kazuha was going to hate her too, it shouldn't bother her, but it did. How incredibly lucky of her.

Chaeyeon was finally done cooking and Sakura's stomach rumbled as she smelled the food. Chaeyeon smiled at her as she put out a plate for her and Sakura saw that she had cooked a lot of fried chicken. Sakura smiled back. Trusting Chaeyeon to put her back in a good mood.

She then started eating, with Chaeyeon following after. This was one of the things she missed being with Chaeyeon: her cooking. She was amazing at it.

Chaeyeon was observing her as she took a big bite on one of the chicken legs.

"Do you want to talk about what happened earlier?" she asked.

Sakura shrugged.

"Come on Kkura, I know you well enough to confirm from your expression earlier that you had confessed to the wrong person. Plus, I know you have this crush on Chaewon. You were basically dumbfounded when you saw Kazuha! If I didn't save you back there, you'd probably still be there trying to process everything."

Sakura sighed.

"Yeah, that was such an amazing moment that only me, Miyawaki Sakura, could pull off. Confessing to the wrong person. I mean, who does that?"

"Well, you're not wrong with that."

"What am I going to do?" Sakura groaned.

"Just tell Kazuha what really happened when you can talk to her alone. Let her understand that it was just a misunderstanding."

"Yeah, sure. That should end well. She probably hates me or will hate me afterwards."

"Well, the important thing is making sure that Chaewon knows about how you feel. You can let her know that the confession was meant for her and not for her friend."

"She'll believe that, I'm sure." Sakura said laughing.

"That's why you have to tell Kazuha first so she can back you up."

"I don't know." Sakura doubted.

"You seem too worried about what Kazuha might feel about this. Isn't Chaewon your priority here?"

"I'm not, I just don't want to embarrass the girl further." Chaeyeon looked at her and gave her a knowing smile.

"Okay. So what do you want to do about it?"

"Nothing. Maybe turn back time and do things differently."

"Well, if you say so. But still, I would try and make things clear. It's embarrassing, yes, but at least they know you were being honest with them, and that can go a long way."

Sakura knew Chaeyeon was right. However, she was not ready to do anything like that yet. She decided to just let things settle first before heading in again.

"Thanks Chaeyeon, you are an incredible friend."

"What would you do without me anyway?"

"Die from embarrassment probably"

They both laughed and continued to eat their dinner as they chatted away.

***
Author's note: Hiii guys! Another update so soon as I had abandoned this au a bit. Hope you enjoy and laugh a little :)