Chapter 37: Love is

Yunjin was moping around her house on a Sunday night.

Sundays were usually reserved for family days, but she and Chaewon always had met up after dinner just to go get some ice cream at their favorite diner. There, they would spend their time talking until one of them got sleepy.

This was already the second week that they haven't been able to meet up and Yunjin was getting frustrated.

She had been playing Genshin Impact, but even that didn't seem to lift up her spirits.

She slumped down on her beanbag and stared at her phone, which had been Chaewon-free for a few days now.

She wanted so badly to message her and to ask her if she wanted to go out, but she also wanted to respect Chaewon's decision of having some time for herself. She knew she had fucked up several times already and she didn't want to add another point to her long list of mistakes.

Trust Huh Yunjin to sabotage their relationship in ways she can only imagine.

She fiddled with her phone and started browsing through her gallery, finally stopping at a video that they had taken a few months ago. It was during the time that she was having a sleepover at Chaewon's house. They were both so bored that they decided to dance inside her bathroom to different songs while filming it, both of them pretending that it was some sort of music video.

As she watched it, a smile began to form on her lips as she reminisced. She remembered how sore her sides had been that day after laughing so much.

Things had really changed between the both of them in the course of a few days. She wondered if they would ever get back to normal.

She trusted Chaewon to let things be in the end. She didn't trust herself.

A knock on her door had interrupted her train of thoughts.

She glanced at it as it began to slightly open. She then saw her mother's head pop in, wearing a concerned expression on her face.

"Yunjin, aren't you heading out with Chaewon tonight?"

"No, not tonight mom." Yunjin shrugged.

"Last week you didn't go out either. Is something wrong? Have you two been fighting?"

"No, not really."

Her mom decided to come in and close the door behind her. She sat in front of Yunjin and looked her in the eye.

"Honey, I can sense that you've not been okay for the past few days. At first I tried to ignore it, since I know you and Chaewon patch things up quickly. However, this is the longest fight that you've both been in. You know I don't usually bother you with things but this concerns me because you've been mopey and temperamental lately. Would you mind telling your mother what's bothering you?"

Yunjin bit her lip. She knew she could trust her mom, she was not shy with talking to her and asking for advice. In fact, her mother had been fully supportive of her when she came out as a lesbian. There was no talk about her being the only child and her marrying a real guy. Her mother just told her she wanted her to be happy, and being truly herself was part of that. She's really lucky to have an awesome mom. Right now her problem was that she didn't know how to break this information to her, she was at a loss.

"We didn't really fight. It's kind of complicated."

"Complicated in what way?" Her mom eyed her.

"Well, let's just say I have been a little bit too overprotective of her?" she says sheepishly.

"Yunjin..." Her mom raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yes mom, I know. I am an idiot." She tossed her arms in exasperation.