Chapter 18: A promise

Sakura was still frowning while watching the four-legged race. She was sitting together with her friends minus Yena, who seemed to be too busy flirting with a girl named Yujin.

Yuri was also with them.

"It looks like your section is going to lose, Kkura." Yena observed.

Sakura shrugged, "I don't really care. I'm just here so I can have some extra credit."

"You better win in the Kibasen dumbass. I bet a lot of money on team Petalz to win." Hyewon told her, patting her on the head. Yuri had giggled at this, apparently her girlfriend had told her about what happened, and it seems, a lot more things than necessary.

"Yuri, you better not tell Kazuha all about their stupidity with this Petalz thing." Sakura grumbled.

"Don't worry Sakura, I won't. But I really think you two would look good together."

"Ugh, not you too"

"I mean, you ARE wearing her beret." she smirked.

Sakura blushed.

Yuri had to really push her under the bus like that.

All three of her friends looked at her curiously.

"Yeah Sakura, why are you wearing Kazuha's beret?" Eunbi asked her curiously.

"Yes, do tell." Hyewon added.

"It's none of your business." she said. She wasn't going to show them her hair.

She can take the teasing about Kazuha, but she knew it would be way worse when they saw what had happened.

Sakura got up as the four-legged race finally ended and it was time to start the Kibasen.

"I'm off."

"Good luck!" Eunbi shouted after her.

"Make our ship sail, Kkura!" Hyewon piped in.

Sakura turned and flipped at them. Her friends and Yuri just laughed at her. Maybe she should go search for better friends.

When she was on the field, she started scanning the area for her teammates. Finally, her eyes landed on Kazuha, who was busy adjusting her ponytail.

She had to admit, the way Kazuha did something as simple as that was quite sexy.

The way her hands were pulled up somehow accentuated her curves, even when she was wearing her PE uniform. She also noticed how intense her eyes became when she was concentrating on something.

What she was not ready for was when a smile broke out on her face. A real, genuine gummy smile that lit up her whole facade.

Sakura felt her heart skip a beat.

She looked towards where Kazuha was looking and saw Chaewon, waving at her friend and giving her a thumbs up. What she didn't realize was that instead of looking at Chaewon, her gaze went back to the smiling Kazuha.

Her trance was suddenly broken when she felt someone give her a slap on her back.

"Hey Sakura! Are you ready to kick some ass on this Kibasen?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Kibasen, right."

The person who had interrupted her trance was her classmate and teammate, Kang Taehyun.

"You okay there?" he asked, worried.

"Yeah, just some things on my mind, nothing to get worked up about."

"Alright! Let's go! I see Kazuha and Shuhua over there." he said, as she shoved her lightly towards their direction.

"Hey Kazuha, Shuhua, we are here!"