Avoidance

Draco screamed in his room pulling a silencing charm. He put his face on a pillow and let his soul burst. It was too much for him afterall he was just a boy. A boy who had no choice.

He didn't want to return to Hogwarts.

How I'm gonna face Harry? He'll be disgusted by me..i don't wanna see that look I don't wanna be hated. I like him ...alot but now it's just going to be a buried past.

It had been 7 months and 21 days they were dating and Harry was the most attached one it was crystal clear. It's not like Draco wasn't. Ofcourse he was too but he was like 'mature' , mature in the sense.. according to 'Malfoy dictionary'.

Draco was struggling with his own thoughts when an owl knocked at his window. A snowy, royal one. Hedwig.

Hedwig?

He slowly opened his window panel and the owl came inside while picking its wing in its beak. There was a letter and Draco took it. Hedwig had flown away after eating some cookies Draco offered her.

Draco sat down on his fluffy bed and unfolded the letter . He started going through the contents of it. The first reaction Draco let out was a muffled noise, a noise those who try hard to restrain the extreme urge to cry let out.

Harry.

"You don't know what has happened here Harry and you got a plan."

Draco smiled slightly wiping his eyes but then again he remembered. He was now a death eater. Now he was not Harry's boyfriend. It was going to be tough.

He put the letter aside knowing Harry would definitely wait for the reply but he couldn't. He had to control himself. He had to ...he had no choice.
______________________________________

Then the day came of Draco's arrival at Hogwarts. He at first thought Lucius will come with him then he remembered he could apparate now.

He slumped down on the bed after apparating in his dormitory and saw Blaise there was reading something and with his arrival he was shocked for the suddeness. But then without saying anything Blaise took his best friend in arms tightly. He was.. sniffling slightly. Like really.

Draco put his arms around him too and felt his inner self burst into tears.

"I'm really sorry I'm really really sorry Draco."

"Don't be sorry it was bound to happen.. our family it is afterall... tradition."

"I told Potter as you said"

"He wrote me"

"Is he mad? What would have happened if your father got the letter?"

"Hey hey he told Hedwig to deliver only to me so it's okay.."

"Still.. so what did you say and what did he write?"

"He has a plan for us today or tomorrow anytime when I'm free."

Draco sighed before answering the first question.

"I didn't write him back. I'm.. I'm gonna distance myself from him - otherwise dad.."

Blaise couldn't believe it. Is it reality or what?

"What are you saying?"

"Blaise, I'm a deatheater and he's technically my opponent now. If I..if I include myself in his life I'm gonna endanger both of our lives. Father scolded me. He knows I was dating Harry"

Blaise looked at him and patted his shoulder. He definitely didn't like Harry and Draco's relationship but he loved Draco and he understood the pain of staying away from someone beloved.

"Atleast go talk to him. I mean tell him that you're back. Potter was too tensed when he heard that mr Malfoy took you to Malfoy Manor."

"When you started caring?"

"I know that feeling when you want to be with someone but you can't for some reason Draco."

"Thanks. I'll go talk to him "
_______________________________________

Harry was pacing in his dormitory frequently checking the clock and the window . He was waiting for Draco to return . Then he heard a knock and without waisting any second he unlocked and saw Draco standing there with a full sleeved shirt.

Harry threw himself in his arms and closed the door. He smiled and kissed his forehead.

" I was scared I thought Mr Malfoy knows about us and the thought of the consequences were killing me!"

You're not wrong Harry.. father knows.

Draco was looking pale but he did hug him back.

"It was just a family emergency nothing like that Harry. No worry."

Draco pulled away from the hug immidiately.

"Come sit. I missed you really.. I'll make coffee for us"

"I was gone for hardly 3days"

Harry felt something was off but he didn't pay heed much . He held Draco's hand.

"Draco.. still. Hey stay I'm gonna grab the coffee"

"Nope- I mean I gotta go really. I'm tired and have some stuff to do"

"Oh but you can rest here Draco Ron's and others not gonna come here. They're doing a party in the lakeside. Please?"

Draco felt horrible to deny but he had to. He stood up and put his hands on Harry's shoulder facing him.

"See I'm saying I can't okay? I need my own room. But we'll meet later I promise"

Harry nodded looking at him.

"Okay. And Draco, what about my plan? Are you free tomorrow? I gotta tell you something "

"We'll see. Bye then hm?"

"Are you okay? If you want to talk about anything you can "

"Why do you think I'm not okay? Is it because I'm denying to stay? Harry, I'm tired but I'll see I said. And I'm alright"

Harry wasn't convinced cause no matter how tired Draco was he never denied to stay or something. But he thought it would be best not to push.

"Okay then.. rest well"

Draco saw Harry's expression darkening and he could not do anything. He kissed him softly on the lips and walked off.

Harry sat down on his bed with a heavy feeling in heart and many thoughts started rushing in his mind.

Did I do something wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Word Count: 992

Well, someone on insta asked me how old I am . But I'm not gonna answer it now but I'll soon . Any guess?

See you all soon<3