SURGERY

Carina's POV :

"Wha- what happened ?!" Shouted Bianca who just arrived with Andy, her eyes wide opened with fear. "Did she- Is she-" She stuttered.

"She's okay. There was a little com-complication during the surgery. The bleeds were active and there were more than we- we didn't catch on CT." I cried, still trying to sound clear for my girl.

"And as she never had follow up after her last surgeries some inside scars weren't well healed so Dr Robbins has to repair them as well. It's taking longer than we thought." Maya completed, wiping her own tears.

"God moms !! You scared me to death ! I thought she died on the table !!!" Bianca yelled

"No, we're just worried, that's all. And still shocked about Celeste's history."

"What about it ?" She asked, sitting on the hospital bed.

"Celeste was abused for so many years, nearly since she was born."

The teen looked down, but then raised her head. "Will she be okay ?"

"She'll be just fine !" Exclaimed Arizona as she entered the room still in her scrubs. Maya and I stood up and waited for further update. "I drained all her bleeds and Dr Bailey reopened the scar on her large bowel and closed it neatly. She's a fighter."

"Yes she is

"Yes she is." Maya whispered.

"Can we see her now ?" I added.

"Yes, she's is post-op, you can go." Arizona smiled and left. Andy had to go to work so she also left before blinking to my daughter. I was wondering what stupidity she made her do. Or maybe it was on the other way.

We walked to post-op and found our baby girl, hooked to wires and still asleep. They were bandages covered her body under her gown.

"When is she gonna wake up ?" Bianca questioned.

"Soon, don't worry." Maya reassured my oldest, so she took her phone and sat on the floor next to the bed, plugging her ears with earbuds.

I snapped my fingers at her and she took them off.

"What do you think you're doing ?"

"Uh, waiting for Celeste to wake up ?"

"We're in post-op Bianca. It's already a favor that Dr Robbins makes to us to let us all stay with her until she wakes up. Don't ruin it and try to be respectful." I scolded quietly.

"I am ! I'm just making the time go quicker

"I am ! I'm just making the time go quicker." She talked back, ready to put her earbuds back on, but I stopped her.

"Give me that. I'm tired of you staying on your phone all day long."

"And probably all night long too given the dark circles under your eyes." My wife added.

"That's my phone, I do what I want with it

"That's my phone, I do what I want with it." She said with so much rudeness.

I was ready to reprimand her but Maya tapped on my shoulder, looking at Celeste. Our little baby was waking up.

Maya approached the bed and leaned over.

"We're sweetheart, we're here now you can wake up. Even Bianca is here."

I looked as my youngest slowly opening her eyes and closed them straight away because of the bright light.

"It's okay bambina, look at me, you can open your eyes, you're fine."

Celeste slowly opened her eyes again and tried to keep them like that. Arizona came back and did a few tests to check if she was all good, and that was it.

We rolled her back to her room and after few hours, we were able to discharge her, so we came home. I held the little girl in my arms the whole time because she was very tired.

Once at home, I let Maya take care of diner while I was checking on my baby's wounds. I laid her on her bed and looked as she struggled a bit to be comfortable.

"How do you feel bellina ?" I asked trying to make her feel better by adjusting the pillows.

"Hurt" She whimpered.

"Where does it hurt ?"

She pointed to her bandages and then her head

"Let me change your bandages and I'll give you a little juice for the pain. Wait here." I finished, knowing she couldn't really move.

I stopped at the kitchen, smiling at my wife trying to cook a fancy diner, but obviously failing. Then I came back to Celeste's room to find her cuddled in bed with her big sister. I didn't make a noise, I just stared at my two babies and their complicity, they were so cute.