The Dark Age

This is where the written history of DreamReVerse begins. Long before Nightmare and Dream are born, long before Euphoria.

The Dark Ages is when a corruption called the darkness took hold of the residents, enslaving all those it came into contact with and killing the weak minded. It was terrible and truly an abyss of evil; all consuming shadow. There was no hope to be had, no one could fight back against this foe. Mortal weapons were useless as they would pass right on through, the people and monsters were powerless...

But the birth of a new race arose. No one knows where these beings came from, how they got here or why but it gave the people hope. These beings gave them dreams and ambitions again and they were revered as gods among men.

The Dreamwalkers...

With extraordinary powers and gifted with wings like angels, these Dreamwalkers stood up to the disembodied darkness, creating weapons no mortal could ever hope to make and these weapons, the Trinity Seven, pushed back this dark foe to the Farlands where it wouldn't be seen for some time. With this borrowed time, the Dreamwalkers began to mingle with the mortals they had rescued and began to breed in time. Creating more Dreamwalkers and a steadily growing army to combat this calamity.

As these gods and goddesses purified the lands they inhabited, the darkness planned and schemed and the dawn of a new time would soon be upon everyone and it would be devastating.

The darkness did not anticipate the Dreamwalkers but it was smart. The destruction to this broken world would be heralded by a wave of sickness and evil.

Days and years passed and Dreamwalkers were discovered to be ageless. Truly gods in their might and majesty. But they were all unprepared for when the darkness struck with a force fueled by maliciousness. Many Dreamwalkers were lost during this fight; to death and corruption into Darkwalkers, impure and tainted by the darkness and husks of their former selves. The resulting war scarred the land so badly it was completely unlivable...however, after the epic war and the darkness was pushed back once again by the skin of the Dreamwalkers' teeth, something seemed to give way to something special...a true gift to these dark times.

Sol, the king of Dreamwalkers. A god even by their standards. The most powerful of their kind and filled with so much purity he glowed forever from the inside out. So brilliant his light everyone swarmed to his side, creating a banner under his name and pledging loyalty forevermore. Sol would begin the recovery of the land, using his powers to make dreams a reality to heal the lands and purify them of any darkness so that crops would forever grow and yield food for all. A truly prosperous new age...