Age of Millennium

This is the age where Nightmare and Dream would be born. Their grandparents, Hope and Zealous, never had children of their own but because Dream and Nightmare were born directly from the apples of the Tree of Feelings they were considered their grandchildren. It was a messy political thing and everyone just settled on grandchildren in the end.

But since they had no parents, they were put under the love and care of the Advisor, Julio. A monster who was well versed in the old forgotten texts of the past eras and ages, had fallen in love with the version of Euphoria from the stories he read and heard about and he became completely obsessed over Nightmare who bared a shocking resemblance to. Nearly a carbon copy of Euphoria when he had been younger...

Dream and Nightmare, after so many thousands of years of Dreamwalkers being extinct, were the first two born. However everyone had forgotten about the warnings. Everyone at this time didn't even know what a Dreamwalker was! And so, in a twisted sense of duty to the young babies, had their wings amputated and their magicks locked away with seals on their souls. Growing up Dream and Nightmare were inseparable; they cared so much about each other and eventually their grandparents passed away from old age leaving them alone with Julio. Dream was supposed to be the next king but everyone went against tradition at the order of Julio to make Nightmare the next king of this world and this causes a huge rift between the brothers. Leaving Julio to have Nightmare completely by himself and bale to mould him into whatever and whoever he wanted so Julio began to try and change Nightmare into another Euphoria, still in love with the version of Euphoria that was written. He wanted a living Euphoria and Nightmare looked so much like him...

As he groomed the prince, he also fueled that growing hate inside Dream towards his little brother wanting all that past love to burn away and have an easier time to manipulate Dream into falling. However this course of action would have dire consequences for their future...

When adulthood is reached, Julio is so deep in his obsession he begins to use dark magic on Dream and Nightmare. This use of dark magic and rituals began to crack at the barriers keeping the darkness away and so little by little it started to sleep out. The darkness targeted Dream first to become the new host due to all the hatred inside him and began to slowly consume him over time, little bit at a time corrupting the prince. Code would later come back to the world to find it so incredibly changed from when he last saw it and found no Euphoria anywhere. He first mistook Nightmare for his old best friend but something was clearly wrong and that illusion was quickly broken. Code would begin to unravel the dark secrets of Millennium and the forgotten past and would unveil a sinister plot to bring back the darkness Euphoria used to tell him about.

Time goes by and more and more cracks are appearing, people are beginning to change drastically and Julio was all but possessed by the darkness at this point and Dream was the last nail in the coffin and the barriers broke. All hell was set loose upon the world as the darkness wrecked havoc and even Code couldn't do anything to even begin to slow it down. And when everything was dire, the world so close to collapsing, Euphoria appeared like a god before the survivors and was shining so brightly like a beacon of hope and purity it was like Sol all over again. Euphoria's powers and subsequent awakening into his godly ascension released Dream's and Nightmare's latent Dreamwalker powers and Dream unlocked visions of the future; what once was, what is and what has yet to come to pass. Nightmare was a Judge. He was Euphoria's mouthpiece for justice. Code could do nothing as his best friend and secret love had lost all his ability to feel emotions, to feel compassion and empathy towards others. A completely unfeeling God radiating power and divine rage.

Millennium has fallen and a new era is upon us...