Chapter 9

Kel

I wake up in the nurses office still feeling dizzy. The first people I see are Aubrey and Basil sitting there. Of course I'm freaking out. I have no clue what's going on. We're just sit staring at each other until the nurse walks in. "Hello honey, to explain short you passed out and got a concussion" the nurse says. "Didn't you say you had something important to say." Aubrey says slightly harsh. "Oh yes, Kel I am very worried are you aware of the reason you passed out?" Aubrey and Basil looked curiously towards the nurse. I know why I passed out. I start to freak out. "N-No." I say. "I know that's not true. Kel when was the last time you ate?" I don't know. I really don't know. I freak out even more. What am I supposed to do. I don't want anyone to know. They can't know. This is really bad. Why can't I just be fucking normal?! "Kel, you okay?" Basil asks. "Uh-huh" I say not being able to really say anything. "Kel, I need you to answer the question please sweetheart." I take a breath preparing myself to talk. "I-I don't know." The room went silent. So silent you might be able to hear Mari in the afterlife. "What do you mean dear." The nurse ask kindly. "I-I don't remember the last time I ate."
"Is there no food at hom-"
"No! No, there is food at home we have food."
"Okay then why don't you eat" shit how am I going to respond without sharing to much. I stay silent. "Okay, how about you eat something now before you pass out again." She say while grabbing an apple.

She hands me the apple. I just stare at it. I know it's dumb but I don't wanna eat it. I don't deserve this apple. I don't deserve food. I deserve to die of starvation. I shouldn't eat this. I can't. I can't eat it. "Kel, eat it you dumbass!" Aubrey screams at me causing me to flinch a little. I slowly pick it up and take the slowest bite ever. I feel sick, but there's nothing to throw up. So I slowly chew and swallow. I automatically feel very guilty about taking that bite. My hands are shaking and it feels like everyone is staring at me. I slowly take another bite. "Kel, why is it so hard for you to eat hunny?" The kind nurse says with her voice laced in sympathy. "I r-really don't know"