Chapter 16

Kel

All of sudden we were all in my room and I was on my bed. I thought I was in a wheelchair being pushed down a hall to be brought outside. "Weren't we supposed to go outside?" I asked my brother, but he gave me a concerned look instead of an answer. "What?" I asked as the worry started to rub off on me."Kel, we all just went outside"
"What do you mean?" I respond confused out of my mind. I don't remember. Like I actually don't remember. I knew I had bad memory when I get upset sometimes, but I guess I never realized how bad it was. My breathing starts to pick up. "I-I don't remember" I say in a panic. "How long were we out there?" I tug my hair. "Why can't I remember-"
"Kel. Calm down" Hero interrupts "It will be ok, you'll be alright"
"Yeah idiot, you'll be ok" Aubrey added as Basil just stood there anxiously.
"I'm sure we'll figure it out" Basil then adds quietly.

I heard the door open. It's a nurse. I hear them saying stuff but I'm not really paying attention. "Better ---------------- before -------------- mental health facility" What. That definitely caught my attention. My head shoots up. "What? Can you repeat that?"
The nurse looks at me slightly concerned. "I said, though your physical health is almost fully recovered and better than before. Your mental requires you to be sent to a mental health facility"
"What, I don't need that!"
"Kel you need to calm down" Basil interrupts. "No, I don't need help! Im fine!"
"If you're fine then why are we here, idiot!" Aubrey responds. I get up despite the pain my legs are in and run out the room and lock myself into the nearest bathroom.

Hero

I start to walk after Kel when the nurse grabs my shoulder. Her light blue eyes look into mine. "Don't worry, just give him some time. Most patients have this reaction when told this." Her saying that calm my worries a little. She leaves the room to go find Kel.
"That idiot..." Aubrey mutters.

Kel

I here a knock. "Kel, you don't have to open up but at least listen sweetheart." She says so kindly as tears start to run down my face. "I understand you're scared, I would know I was in the exact position you are right now. Arms bandaged, hiding from the people who care, and thinking I didn't need help. But a wise woman once told me, the people who say they don't need help usually need help the most. From what I can tell you are a kind hearted boy who deserves all the help he can get." At that I start ugly crying and open the door. As I did she pulled me into a hug. This moment, is a moment that I will never forget. This woman needs a raise.